Uni & baby.

saralou5

Reaction score
I know 3rd year is stressful but I really feel like I just genuinely can't be bothered anymore! But I know I should stick it out til May. I'm SO worried it'll put unnecessary stress on the bab! :(. I also feel like people keep patronising me because I'm pregnant. I'm having a baby, not dying. I understand they're trying to look after me, but sometimes it just gets on my nerves a bit. I'm still feeling quite left out as well due to everyone going on Student nights out and not being able to join in with certain activities. I suppose it's just something I'll have to get used to for a while :(. Does anyone else feel like this? At either work or Uni etc?
Sorry for the rant. Just felt like I needed it. :)

To be honest, I kind of feel this way about my friends. They go out drinking every weekend and I haven't heard much from them since I told them I'm pregnant - including my best friend who I've asked to be Godmother!!

She txt me last Monday and we were chatting and she said she wanted to meet up, and I said 'well I have no plans so when suits u' and her response??? 'What about NEXT Friday?' - almost 2wks away!!
So you can't spare 30mins to meet ur pregnant best friend for coffee??? Really wound me up!
Her fiance lives across the water so I understand she wants to go out and have fun, but I feel a little pushed aside now that I'm pregnant :(

Sorry I've totally hijacked ur thread, just wanted to say I know how ur feeling xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I finished uni when i was 20 weeks pregnant and I honestly felt like giving it up in those last few months once I found out I was pregnant. I can relate to the stress, but try to make some time to relax for yourself. Stick to it if you can - its always something to go back to once you have had your baby.
As for friends, I've had exactly the same thing since ive been pregnant. But some of my other friends have been great and we have really grown close xx

Hey hun I did my dissertation when 6-8 months pregnant and so didn't want to do it at the time! I kept flipping between carrying on and defering until after LO arrived!

In the end I did it and LO was at my graduation two weeks ago! I'm so glad I carried on as it now means I have more time with my baby :)

HTH hun and best of luck xxx

Sent from my sparkly new iPhone

It's good to know I'm not alone in this haha! :). I've got 3 close friends that've been really good, but the majority of others have just been really blah about the whole thing. Maybe they all stay away cause they're afraid I'm all hormonal hahaha! I'm due right in the middle of graduation week, so stupid comments like 'How funny if you gave birth on stage!' are grinding on me a little after however many weeks. LOL.

Hey hun I did my dissertation when 6-8 months pregnant and so didn't want to do it at the time! I kept flipping between carrying on and defering until after LO arrived!

In the end I did it and LO was at my graduation two weeks ago! I'm so glad I carried on as it now means I have more time with my baby :)

HTH hun and best of luck xxx

Awww this is lovely :). My dissertation is just driving me crazy atm! I have no concentration!! Haha! So many deadlines and only 12 weeks left! Gaaaah! xx

Aw :( yeah I wouldnt go back and do it again that's for sure! Let me know if u need any help or advice? I had a fab book on dissertations was a step by step guide and I just followed that! Couldn't go wrong!

Ignore peoples comments, I used to get that too! Was more fun trying to keep a LO quiet through a 2 hour ceremony lol!!!

Good luck hun.....it'll so be worth it when you have LO! ;) xxx

Oo, Im glad you posted this because Im in exactly the same position! Im in my final year at uni, and due 7th July (Graduation is 17th-20th, so I may still be pregnant if baby's late!)
Am finding it sooo hard, and noone seems to understand. I commute to uni too so that's hard, and don't even ASK about diss, its just not happening! I havent actually told anyone at uni except my tutor that Im pregnant, but finding it really nerve-wracking... I keep putting it off! Think my mates know somethings up tho when they keep asking me to go out for a drink and I end up with juice or j2o or something!
How are you finding the workload with exams and stuff? And what uni u at?
I just keep thinking to myself to push through it, because itll pay off in the long run. We're sooo close to the end now!!

Last edited:
I really admire you, carrying on with uni. I was in my 2nd year of my OU degree when I was pregnant with my dd. The day before I went in to be induced I was frantically finishing an assignment, I had a couple of weeks break then carried on with it. It was really hard work, i'd have her feeding and my books on the sofa beside me!
I did an exam in September then threw in the towel for a couple of years, I just couldn't cope with a newborn and uni!!

I wish you lots of luck with your studies. It really is all worth it when it all comes together in the end.

I did my dissertation 3 years ago and have the utmost respect for you ladies who are doing it while pregnant. It was difficult at the best of times but at 30 weeks pregnant i have zero concentration, am permanently tired and can't even focus sat behind a desk at work, never mind doing endless hours of reading and researching.

Having said that, my advice would be to try and power through. It will give you more time with baby afterwards and you'll feel such a sense of achievement when it's done. Just try and organise yourself well so you don't find yourself having to rush. Slowly and steadily wins the race!

Also totally relate to feeling left out of things. Before i was pregnant i was out every saturday night, going on girly holidays and all the rest of it. Now i have to watch all my other friends doing that from the sidelines and it does get a bit upsetting. But i just keep reminding myself that it'll be worth it in the end. My life is changing and i just have to deal with that now.

Good luck with your uni work ladies, sure you'll do great xxx

Oo, Im glad you posted this because Im in exactly the same position! Im in my final year at uni, and due 7th July (Graduation is 17th-20th, so I may still be pregnant if baby's late!)
Am finding it sooo hard, and noone seems to understand. I commute to uni too so that's hard, and don't even ASK about diss, its just not happening! I havent actually told anyone at uni except my tutor that Im pregnant, but finding it really nerve-wracking... I keep putting it off! Think my mates know somethings up tho when they keep asking me to go out for a drink and I end up with juice or j2o or something!
How are you finding the workload with exams and stuff? And what uni u at?
I just keep thinking to myself to push through it, because itll pay off in the long run. We're sooo close to the end now!!

I commute as well! It's ridiculous haha! I'll definitely be pregnant still if LO's late! LOL! My tutor keeps emailing me, reminding me that my first chapter's in soon and I'm just thinking GO AWAY! Oooh how come you've not told them yet?
Workload is manic, luckily my exams are spread over the course of the year because I do Drama. So i've got 2 performances this week, then an essay, dissertation chapter, presentation, another essay and my final dissertation! Already had 4 exams since October. I'm at DeMontfort in Leicester, how about yourself? What are you studying? :)
Must. Stay. Motivated!

Maximum respect to all you ladies who have already achieved it! :D.
Really appreciate these posts, gives me a little more confidence and motivation! Sometimes you just feel like you're the only one going through it all, but it's SO reassuring to hear all this! :D
Gotta love PF!! :love:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back