Unexplained infertility - explained

Fingers crossed

Reaction score
I was watching this program the other day where this couple were TTC without success for a couple of years but all the tests came back fine and they were just labelled as unexplained infertility. As it happened the woman was an embryologist and a collegue told her about a new procedure (but I can't remember the name of it), where their tissue was analyzed. I turned out the reason for not being able to concieve was because the couples tissue types were too similar. So the woman was given drugs to make allergic to her hubby, and they concieved straight away :shock: . Then a few years later when the decided they wanted another baby they had the treatment done again and concieved again straight away. How interesting.

Wow that is interesting, haha allergic thats mad isnt it! xx

wow thats really interesting! It kinda makes sense too, like a built in safety against siblings (as thier tissue would be very similiar im guessing?) having children (im thinking way way back to primitive man here!) though that doesnt explain the royal family :think:

I wonder if this is something widely known in the medical community?

It's strange in a way they were together in the first place!

Nature plays all sorts of tricks to ensure we are attracted to people different to us, to ensure diversity and not family complications as GGG suggested.

I remember seeing Robert Winston do an experiment where he had to sniff 6 dirty girls armpits and put them in order of pleasant smell. He didn't like the one who smelt most like him! :lol:

Pleased the docs realised though, it's mad how many things can get in the way of conceiving. :?

I don't think it is widely known about, it's quite a new thing. The program was called extreme pregnancy and it was on discovery home and health, there were quite a few programs on that day. This one woman had both tubes removed because of eptopics and managed to concieve a few months later :shock:

very interesting.

Its a shame about the unexplained infertility labelling, i spoke about it in my post about my day at the fertility clinic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back