unexpected blood result.. progesterone

soffphie

Reaction score
.. 20nmo/l deemed abnormal.. it should be 30 + :( wot the hell. really unexpected issue, what does this even mean guys?

*EDIT: Fertility Clinic have said to me this normal/fine level. Still going to go to Doctors just because i think they will want me too and probably wont let me progress forward till i have!

Last edited:
Bloods taken at 6DPO.. chart so far..
Day 5 bloods Progesterone at 1.
Im guessing such low Progesterone now means for example, this cycle not pregnant

Screenshot_20190207-101423.png

Oh I don’t know Hun. But didn’t want to read and run.
They seem to be on the ball with it though? X

I can't remember what my levels were but my progesterone levels were on the lower end of normal when we were trying to conceive our son so I used progesterone suppositories from ovulation until 13 weeks pregnant to maintain the pregnancy and he's now a 2 and a half year old little boy xx

Hi Sophie. I would argue that you would only get that level of progesterone if you ovulated. That's why I think the clinic said those levels are fine. After ovulation, the follicle turns into the corpus luteum, which produces progesterone. So if you have a level of 20, you ovulated.

What I think happened is that you did your bloods too early. The "day 21" bloods should be done in the middle of your LP or at least 7dpo. If you did it early on 6dpo, then it's possible that it was an underestimate of your progesterone level (i.e. it's still rising). If you did your bloods at 8dpo, I'm sure they would be above 30. Especially if your temp went up more on 7dpo - it's a good sign your progesterone is still rising.

Even if it turned out that your progesterone is in fact, too low to sustain a pregnancy - it's a very simple solution to have progesterone support. I honestly wouldn't worry about it if it was me.

Hope that helps x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back