uncomfortable pains top of ribcage

pacha

Reaction score
I dont really know how to describe it , wouldnt actually say its pains and not heartburn or anything just really uncomfortable. I keep needing to stretch and rub the top of my ribcage and it feels a bit better :doh: Its started waking me up in the middle of the night too, its real uncomfortable. any idea??

Is it more on one side than the other? Do you have sharp pains of just general aches? Any sickness?

Prob worth seeing doc if doesnt go...

Hey, thanks for the replies :D

I dont have any sharp pains just really achy - it tends to be when I have been sitting down as when I lie down it goes away. I had to go to bed last night as it was doing my head in.

I have googled it now and it appears to be really common in pregnancy later on apparently. Alot of websites say that its the rib cage expanding to make room but Im only 13 weeks so i dont know :think:

Ive been sitting at my desk for 8 mins and already its really uncomfortable. If I really straighten my back it helps..perhaps i slouch too much?!..

Hey, thanks for the replies :D

I dont have any sharp pains just really achy - it tends to be when I have been sitting down as when I lie down it goes away. I had to go to bed last night as it was doing my head in.

I have googled it now and it appears to be really common in pregnancy later on apparently. Alot of websites say that its the rib cage expanding to make room but Im only 13 weeks so i dont know :think:

Ive been sitting at my desk for 8 mins and already its really uncomfortable. If I really straighten my back it helps..perhaps i slouch too much?!..

Your ribcage does have to expand considerably - I have gone up 2 bra back sizes to accommodate my LO!

It could also be your LO moving around, although you wont feel much for a few weeks yet......if you were a little further along I would say it could be your LO's head sticking in your ribs, but at this stage I doubt it!

I would definitely say its down to your ribcage expanding which can happen early on.........your body has to change so much, and can cause all sorts of aches and pains. :D

Thanks Elliebelle - yea that makes sense, I think it must be because it is expanding wowza so many changes so early, it all happens so early doesnt it. I was a 32B and when I was measured 5 weeks or so ago I was a 34C and the backs are too tight again so I have probably gone up another back size too! x

I think it is to do with your ribcage expanding to accomodate growing bump :) My ribs hurt constantly at the moment where they're moving outwards and already gone up a couple of bra sizes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back