Umbilical hernia

don-don

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My little chappie has an umbilical hernia (very common in prems), Ive seen HV and doc and they all say it should go on its own and they rarely do surgery, and if surgery is required they don't tend to do it until the age of two. Just wondered if any one has had any experience of this... did it go on its own?, or was surgery required?? xxxxxxxxx

I had one when I was a baby and had surgery when I was 2. I can ask my mum more about it if you like. But if you think that was 28 years ago hun and all I have is a tiny wee scar and the surgery was successful. Would be great if it goes on its own
I think the majority of them do.
X

K has one she is 5 they haven't done a Op on her they hope it goes on it own.I keep a eye on it they say as long as you can push it back in its ok and it shows them no pain. X x

My dh had a Op on his and he said he would rather wait for k to be older as the pain is awful. X x

Ellie had one too as she was also a prem baby and she is now 20 weeks and it has almost gone back in, we were just told to push it in at least once a day to make sure that it was getting blocked xx

Thankyou ladies,
Yes they said to me to push it back in regularly, but oh my god i just cant do it, i rest my finger on it and i go all funny lol!!! But my chap can do it. I hope it just goes on its own, its really putting me off my stroke. But its not bothering Ben. Looking at it gives me the shits lol xxxx

My middle boy had this, it was massive bless him! It did go on his own, think it took a few months. He now has a cute little outie and would never have known!

aw I couldnt touch it either, Ellies was so big it came poked out through her swinsuit lol but like I say its almost gone xx

A had this and he had a nitrate pencil on it to sort it out x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back