Ultrasound question??

abbyw

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Sorry if this is a weird question - I've only just remembered this....

When I had my last u/s Monday, when the doc said she was 95% certain I had a blighted ovum she asked me to lift my bottom up off the table for the u/s (internal scan), like a butt clench you'd do in an aerobics class??!!

I've not had many u/s like this before so is that normal? Wondering if I might have a tipped uterus? Not that it makes a difference if baby is gone, but just be interesting to know for the future....

Feeling a bit glum today - just killing time before final u/s and probable d&c next Thursday - I have a big long list of things I can do to keep busy but just can't seem to concentrate. Also, OH doesn't want us to tell anyone what's happened as he said he can't face the questions which I understand, but means I don't have any to talk to :-(. My BF had 2 miscarriages last year before she had her little baby girl in May this year, but don't feel I can bring it up with OH not wanting me to chat about it - he's not being mean BTW - he's very sweet but is just uber-private - he's not even comfortable with me talking on here!! Men eh?!

Sorry for whinge - bit of a crappy day today - wish my boobs would stop hurting so much!! Had a few painful twinges in the night and hoped it was all starting to come away naturally but no sign of that at all...... having to spend the weekend with the inlaws and all the family this weekend - love them but not in the mood for being a happy smiley person all weekend!!

Grrrr xxxx

ooh hun i couldn't have not talked about it, on here, at home, with friends. I need my closest friends to understand why I'm not on the ball sometimes at the minute (and work too come to that). Must be sooo tough not talking to anyone, I can see where he's coming form but I think you both need the release of talking it through. I sent my OH to pub with a mutual friend knowing that they would talk about it, move on to other stuff and come back to it again, making it normal and OK to talk about it!

As for the us, sorry I can't be much help, I've had to do all kinds of contortions in the past for smears, (had to jump up and down once), biopsies and us. It think sometimes it just depends on the angle you happen to be at at the time but hopefully someone else will know more!
xxx

Hey hun...when I had my internal U/S I had to rest my bum on a pillow just so she could get in easier I think :/

Sorry to hear about your loss xxx

I have a tipped uterus and I was asked to put a fist under my bum for my ultrasound so it sounds like you could have one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannhknite
Back