UK holiday parks

Tangerinedream

Reaction score
Are they any good? I can only think of butlins, pontins and haven. I used to go to haven with my cousins when i was little but we werent allowed to take part in anything. Im thinking for july when jake is 1. Anybody think they are great or crap? any particular resorts that spring to mind as being fantastic? Ive also considered renting a cottage but do not have a clue about them either :?

i dunno price wise, never looked into it tbh

Renting a cottage is sooo nice as well, a nice peaceful location etc

haven is fab but center parcs is better!!!!! i love it
we are looking at going in may, you can get some really good offers, you just have to put a few different dates in the holiday planner on the website and you should find something in your price range

We would like to go to centre parcs again but it is quite expensive. We have had some codes where 4/6 of you go cheaper in Jan/ Feb time. Catch me on MSN sometime if your interested?

I've been to butlins and hated it

I hate butlins too, it's sooo tacky and chavvy - going to Centerparcs in Feb, can't wait!!! :cheer: Its expensive if you go in August but this time of year is cheap, and so cozy getting wrapped up, riding bikes, swimming etc :)

I love devon and cornwall for uk hols, not that i have had one in a while seem as its sooooo cheap these days to go abroad but with me being due in aug flying this summer is outta the question, going to have to look into a uk holiday aswell xxx

I didnt enjoy Butlins but DD did (she was 10) and there was just me and her so when she inevitably buggered off to do things with kids her age I was on my lonesome (123 ahhhh!)
Entertainment can be expensive there but for a budget holiday its OK. I think most say skegness is better (I went minehead)

Went lots of Pontins & Havens when I was a kid, they were fun if you liked swimming, I guess it depends on what you want to get out of a holiday and with Jake being one then I dont think it really matters where you stay so long as there's things to do within a reasonable distance. Holiday camps are better for when the kids are older and want some independence to go off to do their own things.

Try ParkResorts.com. We often visit the park 'Heacham Beach' in Norfolk and we love it! Really relaxing and right on the beach. We have a weekend booked for Easter weekend which cost £126 for 3 nights, but in the past we have picked weekends up for as little as £54. Bargain!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back