Two heartbeats??

maria1976

Reaction score
Hello , please help lol

I have found two heart beats with the doppler, one next to my bellybutton to the right and one low down on the left, both arounf 150 bpm so i know one of them isnt me, is there anyway the sonographer could have made a mistake with the dating scan at 9 weeks??

Has anyone else had this, im pooping myself.

xx

yes this is common, i was told by my midwife and on my doppler instructions that the heartbeat can be found in several places due to circulation or something. dont worry hun, one of the things the check for at your scan is for multiple pregnancies xx

Hi Maria,

I moved this to 2nd tri for you.

Hope everything works out well.

Valentine xxx

Hi Maria,
It could be that one was heartbeat and one was the pulsing of umbilical cord :hug: :hug:

Sometimes it sounds like I have about 5 babies in there! I can find it and then there is like an 'echo' which makes it sound like another one, then mine can be heard and then it's all sorts of confusion :shock: :rotfl:

:hug:

hi hun, i can hear my bubs in several places as well. in one or two places i hear a swishing heartbeat and just under my belly button it is the same speed but it sounds like galloping horses.

xxxx

I can only hear my baby's heartbeat low down and in the middle. If I move slightly I loose it.

Sorry I can't offer any other advice. xxx

Don't panic yet when is your next midwife apt they will confirm if there's more than one baby in there. But I'd suggest the second heartbeat is the umblical cord.

it will sound the same if you have located your cord,however will be a bit more whooshy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back