Gallop girl train boy

LouisecH

Reaction score
Hello

I've just had a check up with my midwife and listening to the heart she thinks it's a girl. Apparently girls beart beats sound like a galloping horse whereas boys sound like trains.

Anyone else heard this one?
I'll let you know if she was right next Thursday.

Louise

Yep - can't remember the excact BPM that they use to distinguish girls from boys but they do say girls have faster heartbeats!!

Hiya Louise

Yes - It's another old wives tale, but it seems lots of Midwifes go by it! :lol: - Especially the older ones like mine!

My Midwife thinks I'm having a boy as my babies h/b was under 140bpm....Apparently anything under 140bpm indicates a boy and anything over 140bpm is supposed to indicate a girl......I'm actually convinced I'm having a little girl......Only 4 weeks and I'll see whether or not my Midwife was right.

....Don't go buying PINK just yet hee hee

Well my midwife said it wasn't necessarily the speed you should go by but the rhythm ie gallop/train. Hmmmm
Not buying anything until I have that scan :lol:

Hiya Louise

What you tend to find is the slower h/b's sound like trains and the faster ones like galloping horses - So it kinda works out the same....A lot of the time though, this theory is wrong...But it's fun to try and guess!

You'll know for sure though at your 20wk scan....so fingers crossed baby won't be shy! :lol:

Love

I think Im carrying a boy, but not sure if its more hope!! sounds nasty and i feel really quilty for hoping for a boy, but i promise im going to be happy either way and going to love my baby no matter sex he/she is! :D Although it could be everyone seems to think im going ot have a boy because im carrying all at front, which is another tell tale sign apprentley!! also the heart beat indicated a boy, and i had a dream it was a boy! But to be honest im only guessing, but im soooo curious now just want to meet my little one :lol:

My baby's heart rate is 144 and it's a girl (so they said at the scan). Her heartbeat sounds more like a horse than a train.

I've heard trains and gallops - depends what angle the dopple is when I put it on my tummy. Maybe I'm havign a heshe :roll: :lol:

Hi Sami

Maybe it's just a horse drawn train?

:lol: that made me giggle. OH says it's like a train so that means boy (which is my gut instinct anyway). He won't let me find out the sex though :roll: - spoil sport lol Keep on guessing for me!

Just heard heartbeat for the first time and it was 158!!! Keep thinking I am having a girl so let's wait and see!!

Like you Sami I've had both horses and trains so might join you with the heshe. I think mine's a girl though from the start, even though I always wanted a boy first. I believe it so much I will be shocked if they tell me its a boy, I want OH to tell me the sex, and I will have to double check anyway. However as long as baby is healthy and happy not bothered about gender. Its wierd how we get these feelings though, will let you know in Dec if I was right.

I'm not convinced by anything anymore, just gonna have to wait it out until the big day, but sometimes when I listen to the heartbeat its slower than other times. and can sound different depending on where it is so who knows

I don't believe any of it, and I don't even believe in gut instinct either any more, everything pointed towards me having a boy, I was convinced, and guess what, it's a girl!! I'm really happy it's a girl though, I secretly wanted a girl!!

Ava's heartbeat always sounded like galloping and was always 140+bpm. I felt right from the beginning that she was a girl as well.

Hi

I wanted to know about this so i posted something on this site before. i got a lot of replies and a web site address where they basically said that it was a load of rubbish.

I dont know what to think though. i mean if they done the heartbeat and say you were having a girl, and she was asleep, surely her heartbeat would be less then a boy who was playing football in your womb.

this is so confusing.

my baby's heartbeat was 140, so it's anybodies guess.

xx

I definately wouldn't base anything on it! It should only be used for fun because it obviously isn't a reliable way to determine the gender.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back