TW, textures & chewing

Lou12

Reaction score
Hi all,

Greyson is doing fairly well with his food, he'll eat whatever purée or jar of food I give him, loves his yoghurt and fruit. But trying to get him to eat textures and chew lumps just isn't happening. He'll happily chomp at a piece of banana or strawberry or something, but promptly spits it out because (I'm assuming) he doesn't like the feel of it in his mouth.

He's the same with his breakfast - a few weeks ago he quite liked having a bit of Ready Brek or Weetabix in the morning, but now makes a face at the texture.

How do I get him to eat more textures and lumps? Do I just keep trying and he'll eventually learn how to chew?

xxx

Hi hun. How old is he now? There are no tickers in this section! If it were me, I'd just keep going with it - offer something for him to pick up and chew at every meal time, introduce more lumps in his purees slowly and just be patient. He'll get there, I'm sure, as long as you keep offering it. There's no real need for him to swallow the lumps just yet if he's not ready, as milk should still be his main source of nutrition - food is for tasting and learning. If he learns to bite and chew first then swallow later, that's fine. Tilly spits a lot of food out too and is 9.5 months old. Some meals she barely eats anything and that's OK. We are doing BLW, though. Try not to worry xxx

Thanks Karen - he'll be 8 months next week (bloody hell that's flown far too fast!). I'll start offering more finger foods at meal times for him to have a chomp at and see how it goes :)

I would just persevere hun, he'll get there when he's ready.

XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back