Turner Syndrome

bellybump

Reaction score
Does anyone know any info on it, ie people you know etc who have had children with this. I think i read lots on the net of what there is, but i wanted more personal idea's etc. If you want to PM me instead, thats fine. Chel-C x

OMG, my mum had this with her child (who was a stillborn at 20 weeks BUT due to other complications, NOT the turner syndrome - it was spina bifida and a heart defect that caused it)...

It's only in girls, I THINK it means that they can't have children, they have ovaries but they don't produce eggs which means that they have to have hormone treatment when they approach puberty.

It's a missing X chromosone which means either the egg or the sperm was missing an X...

When my mum had hers (18 years ago) they couldn't have children. Things may have changed though due to the fab med around these days, so look it up!

The only visual side of it is a wider neck (but that can be covered with hair easily!)

Hope that has shed some light on it?!

xxx

My mum's a teacher, and there was a little girl with this in her class several years ago. She was very bright, outgoing and completely normal, apart from the fact that she was very short for her age, and would not be able to have children. I think she was undergoing some kind of hormone therapy for her growth.

Hope that helps a little?

xx

my OH's brothers ex girlfriend has it... she's 21 now I think. i didn't know about it at the time i knew her and i certainly didn't know her well enough to know whether she could have children or not... she's 4 foot something (but not majorly short, just a bit short but not too noticeably) and she didn't have any problems like to chat to her you'd never know there was anything wrong with her at all.

if you have anything specific you want to know let me know and i'll find out for you, OH's brother is bound to know, but he's not very conversational so I'd need to ask him specific questions to get a decent answer out of him :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back