Tummy time

Olive

Reaction score
This is something I feel dreadfully guilty about. I haven't done much tummy time with Brody yet. I always intend to, but wait until he's not had a feed for a bit to avoid spit up, and then he sleeps and I kind of forget :shakehead:

I've tried a few times recently and he's started crying. I've got a cushion on his play mat for it and that didn't help his distress. He kind of just faces the floor! There has been a few times where he has been ok.

How often should I do this? Once a day? A few times a day? For a set amount of time? I timed it today and was shocked it was only a minute! He got upset so I turned him back round.

Help!

Thanks xx

I started him off leaning on my chest and he started getting his head up (this was when he was newborn) then my HV said to start him on TT and he's pretty good. I do it every day (most days) sometimes he doesn't want to know others he's happy for ages, I just include it in play time on his mat and when he fusses I turn him other to have a play. If all that makes sense?

Thanks hun. He does lay on my chest, but maybe I could ease myself down more so I'm more vertical and give him some practice!

I think I'm just going to need to be a bit routine with this and set time aside every day to do it with him. Even if for 5 minutes and build it up?

x

I've read its supposed to be half an hour a day! I give J about 2 minutes when i remember. But he spends loads of time on my chest so i'm not worried

Some days Tyler will only do 30 seconds others he's there for ages just take his lead. If he's only gone down for a min maybe do it again later so he gets used to it?

Oh wow, really? Blimey, we've got some serious catching up to do! xx

Some days Tyler will only do 30 seconds others he's there for ages just take his lead. If he's only gone down for a min maybe do it again later so he gets used to it?

That's a good idea x

I think that what you use to put him down on makes a difference! I have discovered J is happiest on the sheepskin

My LO hates tummy time full stop lol....I do put her down most days but she only lasts 30 seconds max! x

Sent from my sparkly new iPhone

Let him guide you. Sometimes Will is happy to stay there, other days he has none of it lol. Like pinky said, try and see if he will raise his head while on Ur chest xx

My daughter hated tummy time with a passion so I rarely did it with her and it hasnt harmed her in anyway, although she didnt crawl till she was 11 months old, but that was a blessing at times lol.
It's not worth distressing both the baby and the mother at the end of the day. x

Is tummy time recommended? I'm really confused. Midwives or HV's haven't mentioned this once to me...

No one mentioned it to me either, I only picked it up off forums.
I bought dd a mat with a padded rest thing and she hated that (you could use a rolled up towel).

Theo has lots of tummy time he loves it.

He will sometimes fall asleep too when on his mat on his tummy. He has strong head control and pushes himself up on his arms.

I found after nappy change rolling him over on his change mat helps get tummy time in and also laying him across my knees too on his tummy

Some babies love it others hate it

My HV told me about it but im crap at remembering to do it so dont really, i need to start doing it but when she is sleeping i dont want to disturb her and when she is awake its because she wants something. x

My MIL was just saying no one recommended tummy time when she had hers and they are all more than fine, don't worry about it :hug:

Vince loathes tummy time, he gets all desperate and munches on whatever is underneath him, while grunting like a piglet. I don't do it very often and his head control is still really good (even though his head is huge!)

After reading this yesterday, I tried Noah on his tummy on his playmat and he really didn't like it! Not sure if this was because he was hungry or because he just didn't like it, but he kept crying bless him.

Why is it recommended to do it? Does it help with their growth or something?

How cool is your picture ISH! I want some good picutures of me dh and hubby soon i have no good pics of myself lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back