Sleeping on tummy

LaurenMM

Reaction score
Angels been rolling onto her tummy for a while now and been fine but I've just gone to check on her and she's actually got her face in the mattress! Surely that's not good! She's always had her head to the side, I've checked and she's still breathing fine but I dunno what to do. Ive turned her on her back but what about the middle of the night?!

I have no advise hun, but Phoebe did this the other night and it worried me sick I ended up trying to turn her head and it woke her up :wall:
I don't think I could leave her if she's completely face down x

Luckily it didn't wake her when I turned her but it really worried me. I set a couple of alarms through the night, she was on her tummy again but face to the side this time

If Albert is on my shoulder or we are arguing about tummy time he is always face down. I swear this kid can breathe through his ears lol. I'm dreading it when he starts rolling for this reason

Tyler's started doing it now he can roll. I get worried because his front gets so hot. He's like a radiator!

I had this with my LO and it worried me sick. I was constantly waking during the night and turning him over, sometimes resulting in waking him up :shock:
When I spoke to my HV about it she said it was fine as long as he was able to roll back on his own, which he was. He is now 13 months old and always sleeps on his front, I guess this is what makes him comfortable.
Please try not to worry too much, it is perfectly normal for children to sleep in different positions :)

I've just been reading on google and it seems a lot of babies do this and apparently the risk of SIDS reduces loads when they can roll. When I turned her onto her back she just flipped over again within seconds so she's obviously more comfortable like that. There's nothing in the crib she can hurt herself on its literally just her gro bag, sheet and mattress. Xx

Ethan did this when he first started rolling and it worried me sick- since I havent caught him with his face in the mattress but I can c y u r worrying hun. I would say that she is more than capable of lifting her head and positioning herself how she wants to be so she will move it when she needs to! Like u say SIDS risk is reduced after 6 months or so with rolling etc so thats comforting too. She is almost crawling now isnt she? So I would try not to worry, she is plenty strong enough and will get herself back to where she wants to be if u keep moving her xx

Yeah hun she's really close to crawling, she gets around really fast by dragging herself and taking little crawling steps too and she's got a really strong back and arms and neck so hopefully it'll be ok. I tried to just move her head to the side at first and she just put it back the little tyke lol x

lol! Yep, they will just keep putting themselves in these awkward positions! Ethan keeps sleeping with his head right against the cot bars- looks v uncomfortable to me but doesnt bother him in the slightest!xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back