constant tummy pains

melhoney

Reaction score
Maybe I worry for nothing, but I have been having pains which can be sharp at times, in the right side of my lower tummy, for 5/6 days now. I did not post on here before, because I saw my midwife last wednesday and apparently my urine was clear and when I tried to talk about these pains, she just said they were my uterine stretching.

I have tried to convince myself she is right, because I know I can worry quite easily, and she is the professional, but I just can't help stressing about it.

These pains are always there, sometimes worse, sometimes better, and can stretch to my back as well. I have been monitoring my urine, and there is no colour, nor any odour (sorry!!), but i feel like I need a toilet more often, and I just do a little wee (oh sorry again, it's embarassing!) :oops:

Has anyone experienced anything like this, am I a real pain and worry too much???????
I don't know what to do, don't really feel like going to the emergencies, esp if it's nothing, as I have already been once when I had spotting, and it was nothing!!!! and calling my midwife, well, she was quite positive about uterus pains, so...I feel like she is not going to listen to me!

I'm becoming mad, I am always rubbing my tummy!

sorry for this long plea!!!!!!!!!

Mel xx

Hi Mel

I've been experiencing some similar pains, mine feel like they are just above my pubic bone and also make me feel like I want to wee more often, like you when I go there's only a little bit which also made me wonder if it's an infection but at my last mw appt I was also told it's my ligaments/uterus stretching.

If you are worried I would seek professional advice but from reading your post it does sound similar to my experience so perhaps it's just our bodies stretching?

Hope you feel better soon, I find a nice warm bath makes me feel a lot better.

Lucy

Hi Hun,

I had this on friday, i woke up early hours of the morning with stomach pains, like period pains, i put it down to stretching as i have had a child before and i know you can get mild period pains as the ligaments are stretching BUT as the day got on they got worse, not sharpe just very uncomfortable. i had had a urine test the week before which showed up thrush so i knew there was nothing else cos the doctor had only checked the results on the day before.

Anyway i rang my GP's to ask them and they said it was just ligamnets stretching- so annoying as that is all they put aches down to, SO i decided to take myself to hospital to have checks done, they told me to come in just to be on the safe side. After internals etc they discovered i had a urine infection quite a bad one and they have had to take swabs of my insides to check for other stuff- so it just goes to show that you have to take control for them to pay attention,

I am on Anti biotics for 7 days and then have to go and see a consultant next thursday to get checked out again.

Keep on it, if you think itis more than stretching ring the maternity ward and get checked over, thats what they are there for.

:D :D :D :D

I get those pains but get told that its my ligaments stretching. It is quite annoying as this is my first and I feel the health profession could be a bit more reassuring with me as I worry all the time. If you think its anything more I would demand to get a proper check. x x x x x

Hi

I had this since about a week and a half ago and it got so bad my friend
phoned the hospital for me and they told me to come in asap because they thought i was going into early labour so i rushed in there and they checked the heart beat and did an internal examination and it turned out i didnt even have a bladder infection or nothing. The doctor said it was round ligament pains.

But if it continues i would go in either way because you could have an infection if not at least you can hear your babies heartbeat and know the babys fine!!!

Hope you feel better, good luck
From Katrina

They would rather you go in and get checked out than sit at home worrying. I felt like they'd think I was a neurotic first time mum2b and was really scared of ringing the hospital (you have to call the delivery suite if you cant get in touch with your midwife), but they were really nice.

You could have a UTI or anything, and you don't want that to go untreated. Or it could be ligamental, which is bloody painful sometimes! Don't suffer in silence, give them a call if you're worried :)

thanks everyone!

I did not sleep last night so decided to go to hospital. I went there and they checked my urine, and...nothing. Just some white cell which they say is normal during pregnancy, but nothing which seems worrying. They also did a blood test, but I have not got trhe result for that yet.

They did not check the heartbeat of my little one, though, and I did not dare to ask! :oops: Would have loved to, though!

The pain is still there, I am going to try to drink more, it might help!
If it gets worse, I wil go back.

Thanks again for reading me, and taking the time to answer me!

Love to everyone,

Mel xx

Aw Mel :(

I thought that white blood cells were an indication of an infection, that's what I was told. And they checked my bub's heart rate both times I went down (Friday and Sunday) as standard. Miserable sods :(

Hope you start feeling better soon, you can take paracetamol safely in pregnancy, so that might take the edge off.

{{{{Hugs}}}} and belly rubs to you

x

yeah, I know, since I've come back tonight, I have mad some research, and all what I have found is about urinary or even kidney infection!!!!

Well, I am not really reassured, so I guess, I will call my midwife tomorrow and ask her about that. She should receive the blood test results as well, so I'll see what she says...But I am not happy happy!

Does anyone know how this can effect my baby?????

Thanks anyway for the tummy rub...well appreciated! :)

Lots of love,

Mel xx

I had white blood cells and a kidney infection, so that's why it didn't seem right what they said.

It can be really bad if a kidney infection or UTI goes untreated during pregnancy, so they should sort you out ASAP really.

Is there anyone else you can go to? Like your doc?

I have called my midwife today, and she confirmed what they said at the hospital!! According to her, all pregnant women have a little bit of white cells in their urine, and if it does not cross a certain limit, and there is no other symptoms than pains in the tummy, then, it's not considered as worrying. :?

I don't know, I mean, I have no problem weeing (shorry!), it does not smell bizarre, I don't have fever, nor chills, my blood pressure is normal (always a bit low, but I have always been like this), nothing really apart from my sharp pains in my tummy!

I guess, if I have an infection, it should show in the blood test, shouldn't it? So, I will call my GP tomorrow, as he should have received the result today, but at the hospital, they said that I would only get a call if there is any concern about the results.

My midwife finished the conversation but saying I could take paracetamol if the pains were too sharp!!!!!!! :roll:

Paracetamol seems to be the miracle medecine in this country! :p

I will let you know how it goes...I have managed to drink 1.5 litre of water today, which for me is a HUGE achievment!!!!! (I know, I know, I am a bad girl! :oops: )

Take care,

Mel xx

Paracetamol seems to be the miracle medecine in this country!

lol, that's cos it's the only thing we can take. If you don't feel comfortable taking 2 at a time, then just take the one - that's what I was doing and it took the edge off. It's safe and you wont harm bub by taking them.

Good for you on the water front, and try some cranberry juice :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back