TTC when ebf?

kumber

Reaction score
Hi everyone :wave:

We've been discussing a third but I'm currently ebf which I know can stop ovulation. Any advice on how (un)successful it would be to try?

Glad to see things are better than your previous post (wee while ago) :p

I know of some who did get pregnant BF. Usually those who want to ebf longer wait until their cycles return and when they stop bf but after second bub is weaning and feeds drop youll eventually start to OV again.

Wishing you the best of luck.

xxxx

Thanks chicken, yeah things are on the up finally. It took an almighty argument and me chucking him out but he got his head sorted eventually! About bleeding time!

I did that last year. Best thing I did. Hes came back all refurbished and comes with a supportive mode!!

Well done.

xxxx

I got pregnant whilst breastfeeding. I unfortunately miscarried but managed to get pregnant the next cycle with this 14 month old night monster. When I did get pregnant I was so anxious about miscarrying again I stopped a few weeks into it. My eldest was 13 months at the time.x

I got pregnant when EBF my first. She was only 4 months old as well and still feeding at least every 3 hours! Good luck x

Last edited:
I am TTC and still feeding my 2yo at bedtime and although my ovulaion and cycles etc are back to 'normal' I often wonder if the BFing is preventing us getting pregnant? Everyone says it's unlikely, but I'm still on the brink of weaning him totally, just to be sure!

Wishing you lots of luck TTC!

I did read a study said that said that babies prevent their mothers getting pregnant before 6 months old when ebf (something to do with crying or hormones?) to ensure the survival of the existing baby but that stops when the existing baby is 6 months old. Whether it can continue post 6 months I don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back