TTC tips for a tilted uterus please?

Kloe

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

So we are TTC, and at my scans previously I was told my uterus is very tilted, but they didn't say what way.
I desperately want to be a mummy, like a lot of you I'd imagine, but I have a rare condition with my spine, if I wait too long I fear I wot be able to play with my own kids, and miss out on things as they grow up.
At the moment I lay down for an hour after, (sorry if tmi) but when I get up, it all comes out and makes a mess.
I also suffer with anxiety, IBS and I'm pretty sure my thyroids are on the brink too, (getting tests done soon) so the odds aren't exactly in my favour.
I'm willing to try anything, I'm also taking pregnancy vitamins, in fact I never stopped taking them even though my MC.

I'd really appreciate some tips.

Thanks for stopping by x

I have a tilted uterus, it shouldn't cause any problems with fertility, conceiving or carrying a pregnancy.
It's only semen that comes out, the sperm should have left the semen and have swam where they need to be! If you're thyroid is causing problems, it's more than likely that this is what could be hampering conceiving x

Hi Hun.

I also have a tilted uterus - but conceived easily and gave birth to my ds in 2009. I think it is pretty normal for a lot of semen to come back out after bd but after an hour a lot of spermies should be well inside you despite the curves and bends they need to negotiate I also suffer with IBS and previously had PCOS. I managed to clear my PCOS completely over a 3-4 year period, prior to conceiving the first time. I followed a PCOS diet and lifestyle regime. I have a friend who had thyroid problems when she conceived her daughter. So try not to worry and stay positive. I advise on stress management and know how counterproductive stress hormones can be on our mission to conceive and grow our sticky beans.

I have been tcc again since August 2011. I conceived again in the first month of trying but miscarried in T1. Conceived again in February this year and miscarried in April this year. Just experienced a chemical in June.

Have you looked into pilates which may help with the anxiety and stress and also help posture and any physical discomfort that you may have related to your spine. Many doctors recommend pilates for many conditions. With my first pregnancy I had been practicing for a few years and carried on right throughout (until last month - I was simply too big and off balance). Crazily I stopped practicing when I got my bfp in Aug 2011 and have not returned. It is on my to do list as well as pulling out some of my research on balancing hormones with diet. Lots of the other members here are taking health supplements to help like evening primrose oil and agnus cactus. At the moment I am only taking wellwoman vitamins and my OH taking wellman . I have to nag him to remember to take them, but he is getting better.

Sending you lots of positive thoughts this month as you approach your time for testing xxxx

When I got my bfp, we had followed the SMEP plan and also I took benedryl from 4dpo - first time I'd done both of those things and it worked! x

Last edited:
I don't know much about it but I am sure I read that doggy style is best bd position for retroverted uterus and to lay down on stomach after rather than back. Not 100% sure on this but its something I am sure I read x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back