• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC on the sly when OH has said no???

cosmicgirl

Reaction score
What do you think about TTC when oh has expressed that they aren't ready/don't want/not happy with it?

At the moment I have told oh no, I am enjoying not ttc and the more I enjoy it the more I don't want to ttc again iykwim.
We don't bd - ever, unless ttc, then we would bd once a month.
Oh comes upstairs last night (I pretended to be asleep) and tries to wake me (for bd), I know he wants to talk me round but I have said no.
It annoys me that he's not respecting my wishes and trying regardless.
Any other ladies been in this position or maybe you have ttc when oh said no.
How do you get around this? x

Tbh I've respected his wishes as should be a joint thing not just when one of you decides if that makes sense

xxxx

Hey hun, i would just tell him that TTC is stressing you out and you really u need this break, maybe he is just scared that you wont want to TTC at all anymore? xx

ME!!! Hubby still wants to try but im all tried out at the mo. I still have af but im hoping he respects my wishes as it totally stressed me out. Im trying to get in shape for my wedding at the mo and we will see after that. I have been having a little heart to heart with myself and i think im done i know oh would love a little boy but i have had 6 kiddies im 33 i want a little of my life back now. does that sound selfish?

ME!!! Hubby still wants to try but im all tried out at the mo. I still have af but im hoping he respects my wishes as it totally stressed me out. Im trying to get in shape for my wedding at the mo and we will see after that. I have been having a little heart to heart with myself and i think im done i know oh would love a little boy but i have had 6 kiddies im 33 i want a little of my life back now. does that sound selfish?

Not at all!!! I think both parties need to agree when it's something as big as this xx

I might feel different when i have had a little break but for now im just going to enjoy what i have got xxx

I think it is wrong to go against the OH wishes as a baby is a life changing commitment to both parties. He should respect your wishes, but maybe he doesn' really understand how your feeling deep down inside. Trying talking with him again hun so your both back on the same page. xx

Explain to him that you need a break from it all due to the stress, I am sure he will understand xxx

I think you both just need to sit down and have a good chat about it so you know exactly where each other stands and maybe you'll be able to come to an agreement x

Maybe set a date to discuss it again. That's what oh and I did when he wanted to ttc and I didn't. It helped him to know that we'd talk about it again and it wouldn't get ignored and it gave me freedom from the pressure of knowing ge wanted to and feeling guilty for not being ready

Just an idea hun, you said you an OH don't really BD, maybe you could try and make time and just try and work on BDing for pleasure then do a bit of 'not trying not preventing' because then it will benefit you as a couple plus Oh is happy because there's a chance it may happen and you're happy because you don't have the stress of 'ttc', just a thought, good luck xxxxx

i agree with Corky, but i know for you cosmic you already have 4 boys and really want a girl so it has to be more thought out. so its a tricky one. xxx

I think that it is wrong for him to try ttc'in when you have made it clear that you are having a break, but i feel it's a bit unfortunate that he is trying it on when you do it so infrequently and he gets rejected.

I always feel a bit guilty anyway :)

Thanks girls, yeah it is a difficult one, he hasn't tried again since so let's hope he's understanding the situation now xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back