• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC on depo

mrs_tommo22

Reaction score
Its not for me but a friend who is desperate to have a second baby and believes her problems are down to depo, and i have to agree with her as it took me over a year to concieve after coming off the darned stuff!
Shes feeling down in the dumps and her af is a day late and shes scared shitless of taking a test as she is frightend of a bfn :(

It's exactly the same for me, i came off Depo in January. My AF has been late a few times and it was down to the injection, not because I was PG. Some people find it easy to conceive after the injection, but most find it takes longer because of the Depo. I wish I'd never had it!

I took ages to have a period after my depo ran out, I have been on it on three separate occasions, the first time I was on it about 3 years and it took 9 months for my AF to come! The second time it took about 3 or 4 months and this time I had an injection in January after my daughter was born, it ran out 6 weeks ago and yes, no periods as yet. I want to TTC in nov when my baby turns one and because the depo seems to last so long I have decided now not to have any more as I'm worried itll mean I cant get pg later in the year. Its crap!!

i was on the depo for 2 years and only came off it because my doctor suggested a certain type of contraceptive pill would help a skin conditon i had at the time. I was lucky it only took 2 months for my af to return but i would only recommend it to someone who doestn want children, or at least for a while. My nurse who administered it said the average lenght of time it took fertility to return to normal after depo was a year....

that i know some people have had no problems, I would advise your friend to wait a while longer before testing anyway so she knows is a more accurate result, good luck to her i hope its a positive result. :wave:

poppy160 said:
How long did it take you to conceive?

i came off depo about 3 years ago.. went on the pill about 6mths later. we started ttc around oct 06... and conceived in april 07 so around 7 mths..

I just posted my (very long) story on katies post about depo, it took me two years TTC after depo.

I was on the Depo from being 18 till this Christmas, so that's almost 10 years! I went on the pill right after, and got AF from that. This is my second month off everything. My first AF was late by about 4 days so I guess that's not too bad.

My doc suggested the trasition from depo to pill as a way to get ready for TTC. I think it helps to get your cycle started again.

I was on depo for four years, it created so many problems for me, I was unable to have sex properly for well over a year before I came off it, I ended up having biopsies and everything, it was awful, the doctors refused to admit it was the depo but funnily enough as soon as I stopped taking it I was back to normal, I have done a search on the net and it appears that a few people have had the same problem. I tell you what its a good job I have an understanding husband!

I came off the injection eighteen months before we ttc and caught on the first month. I would never have the injection again and would advise anyone on it or thinking of going on it not to, it is dangerous!

I have given her the link so i hope she looks at this she could do with some support, i think shes doubting her body and doesnt feel womanly not being able to concieve so easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back