TTC for a year :(

DanielleMrs

Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm new here,

Me and my husband already have 3 daughters, and have been trying for a year now for another little bundle, my husband was injured in afghan 3years ago and resulted in having one testicle removed and freezing the sperm from the tube, the other has a very low count and I never considered it a problem as I've never failed to fall when we had tried before, about 10 months later we tried we conceived and had our 3rd daughter, I then had an contraceptive implant in for a little under a year, me and my husband decided we wanted to try for that little boy, either way we'd be over the moon, we've always wanted a big family as long as we could financially support it. So I had he implant out and have not been ovulating, bleeding yeah sure a bit of that here and there, I'm very upset that the implant has done this to me and have read that this is quite common, so my dr gave me clomid for 1 cycle at 100mg I've read this is quite a high dose, I've started spotting so I'm hoping this is a period I have coming, I've seen a lot of women have very bad pains with clomid, anyone else experienced this?
Xx

Hi there, were trying to conceive with a low sperm count too, hubby had chemo for testicular cancer 2 years ago and we didn't bank anything :( I had the implant and it messed me up for around 6 months, we conceived our daughter a year after it came out...it will take time but if you have already conceived in sure it will happen again xxx

:) that's given me hope, has/had your pregnancy gone smoothly with your daughter??
I'm blessed to have my girls, I think I'm really anxious because the full ivf route seems so overwhelming at this stage even though it wouldn't be considered by doctor for some time yet. Here's hoping for a good month xx

We are also ttc with low count. Trying for our second child for over a year as well! :(

Hope we get some bfps soon!! :)

xx

Me too, low count and morphology and we've been ttc number two for a year now, finding it very tough at the moment. Hoping beyond hope for some good news stories for us spermy challenged peeps xx

- now Free

I am new to this forum, I only joined today as feel like I need people to talk to about my situation. We're trying for our second baby - it's been about 14 months now and no luck. We are currently awaiting the results of my hubby's sperm test. I've had blood tests and a diagnostic laparoscopy as I get terrible pain for 2 weeks before my period, but all looks ok for me. I've started to get very down and emotional about not being able to conceive. I keep telling myself I should be grateful I have one child which is more than a lot of people have, but it doesn't help. I feel like I'm wasting my life as I can't think about anything else from the moment I ovulate each month.

I had a fab pregnancy and birth, we gave up "trying" and left it to fate in the end. Good luck xxx

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum thing but wanted to know that there are other people out there in the same boat as us. We have a beautiful little girl who has just turned two and always thought that we would have another baby by now as no problems the first time round. We've now been TTC for over a year and are starting to have tests done.
I just get so sad every time I realise I'm not pregnant again.

*hugs*

Never easy but keep on trying!

Me and my partner have nothing wrong with us, yet we've been trying for 2 years! We got pregnant over 4 weeks ago and had a miscarriage, I hope it isn't going to be another 3 years :(

I'm sorry to hear this!! Hope you fall pregnant soon again!

xx

Hi,

I wanted to say hello to everyone. We have been TTC since our DD was born in September 2011 ( I was on the Mummy's Due Oct 11 on here previously).
We have used no protection at all since DD was born and around 2 months ago, went to the doctors to see what we could do to help things.
We found out that I was ok but my husband not so much. I'm not 100% sure exactly what the doctor said about his results as it was a call and I couldn't hear but basically we'd been extremely lucky to have conceived our DD in the first place. I think it has something to do with motility but not 100% sure yet.
We have been referred to the fertility centre and we have our first appointment next Monday (13th) and will see where this takes us.
What really gets me is all the ladies around me who had children within months give or take of me, are now pregnant or have given birth to the next bundle of joy and every keeps asking when we will start trying for number 2. My husband handles it a lot better than I do and holds his head high saying we will soon, but I just clam up and shrug my shoulders and joke on that having one child is a handful for me but secretly I want to cry.

PP xXx

We knew we had issues when we tried for our first one so we were prepared this time. The annoying thing in our case is that my fertility doctor said that we had made it before and fobbed me away when I wanted to move on (after a year). First when it had gone 1,5 year and I almost cried on the phone saying we'd have to spend all our savings on ivf did the get us an referral.

Now we need to wait a couple of months and will have a "talk" with the hospital and than possibly set a date for starting the treatment.

As you, I also tell people that for now, one is more than enough. We really wanted them close together, but you can't always get what you want I guess.

We also have a male factor - hubby has low count. But we have to look on the bright side - it is easier to do something with if it is a male factor that's e problem (in many cases).

Hope you fall pregnant soon!!

Good luck!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare