TTC for 9 years with few issues.

Zp2016

Reaction score
Me and my husband have been trying for a baby for 9 years now he has no fertility problems but i have a few. I have polysystic Ovaries, I have a sluggish thyroid problem that i am waiting for treatment for. And i am suffering from anaemia and waiting on some blood tests to see if i have coaliacs dieseas and B12 deficancy. I am so stressed out that every time i got to see the gp they find another reason that is stopping me getting pregnant. Me and my husband really want a baby and have been trying for so long.

Does anyone else have any of these problems and some advise would be great..

Hiya, wow 9 years is a long time, no wonder you are frustrated. Are you under a fertility clinic or just your gp? Have they given you a treatment plan at all or have you had any treatment so far?

I also have pcos and I while I have normal thyroid function I do have high thyroid antibodies which is not good for conception or sustaining a pregnancy. There is no treatment for my thyroid issue but I managed to sign to a medical trial and while I don't know if I have the medication or the placebo I think I may have the medication looking at my blood results. I found my consultant and gp didn't always agree, I've ended up having clomid prescribed by my consultant and I then got metformin from my gp to go with it as I had heard lots of success stories from other pcos ladies who took this combination.

I hope your blood tests go well. My sister-in-law is celiac (however you spell it) - I don't know if it affects fertility but it has certainly turned her life upside down when it comes to food & she is now super-slim because of that.

9 years is a long time. I have polycistic ovaries but not PCOS and it didn't affect getting pregnant while younger (27).

Have you considered IVF or other treatment? xx

We've been ttc on and off for about 8 years so nearly as long as you. I've got polycystic ovaries but not full-blown PCOS, the same as Tinselcat. For most of the time we've been trying my hormones have been all over the place with lots of spotting etc and my cycles were short (24 days). That does seem to be better now. The only time I've been pregnant was when I had a chemical pregnancy.

It's so difficult. I'd definitely try IVF. Are you on medication for your thyroid? That in itself can cause issues, as can coeliac.

My husband wants to stop ttc after our next treatment cycle so I'm starting to come to terms with the fact it will never happen for us. It's not getting any easier to deal with. I believe if you can find and treat your problems then it will happen. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back