TTC experiences and support.

Glera

Reaction score
Hi all,
This will be my first post and I know what I say probably will have been said before. Husband and I came off pill in December. Had three 28 day cycles and was always either 28 days or 27 days when on the pill.

This month, cycle ended up being 36 days so naturally, we got excited despite a couple of bfn. Today, Aunt Flo reared it’s ugly head and arrived. So, I was a week late with no reward.

Interested to hear your stories. I know people are lucky and conceive so quickly. So pleased for you but also ashamed to say unbelievable jealous.

Look forward to hearing from you and your support.

Hi there. We came off the pill and waited a few months before we started trying. Took vitamins and folic acid. First month of trying and we conceived and dd2 now 20 months old. We dtd last cycle unprotected and weren’t properly trying but AF came this morning and we were more dissapointed that we thought as we didn’t think we were ready for no.3. So next cycle we are going to give it a proper go and see what happens!

Hi, I'm in a similar boat. TTC for my first, and now on cycle 3. I came off the pill in November, my cycles after the pill were 31, 28, and 32. So I am certainly not one that conceived quickly.

My GP said that on the pill, our ovaries are dormant and once we go off the pill, we want to poke and prod them to start working immediately. Unfortunately, I think that's why they say it can take up to 12 months for a healthy couple under 35 to conceive - there are just so many factors at play.

Hi,
I came off the pill in January 2017, cycles were normal at first 28-33 days on average then all of a sudden a 47 day cycle (thought I was pregnant but BFN) and then a 43 day cycle. I've had 21 day bloods done as we've been trying for a year with no success all ok, turns out my husband has low sperm count, motility and poor morphology. I'm currently waiting for AF to arrive, I know she's coming, I can feel it, she's just dragging it out this month.

I'm 32 my husband is 42 and has two children from previous relationship.

Hi :)

Back when i was 26 I had an MMC and then tried with my ex for about 3 years with no luck and a couple of chemicals.

I charted ovulation and temps, had tests and everything was clockwork ( i also have a 28 day cycle )

we split and i have been with my new partner 4 years and i have recently caught pregnant whilst on the minipill :shock: we had planned to try later in the year.

I thought when were going to try i would have issues given the trouble i had previously but i guess i have been lucky, it really does show though that peoples time DOES come albeit unexpectedly

Best of luck in your journey, TTC is a minefield and the only advice i can give you is don't let it get to you too much but it can become consuming and i know i went through some dark times myself. Make sure you take as much pleasure from it all as you can.

I will be keeping an eye out for your BFP!

Last edited:
Welcome Glera. I had always thought we would wait until the time was just right to TTC cos it can happen straight away...yet deep down I wondered if it would be that easy. My gut was proved right. I came off the coil last Feb and after some delays due to needing treatment after an abnormal smear we moved to ntnp in April time then fully TTC last June. So we are now on cycle #10 and still waiting for our BFP.

This forum has been a fantastic support for me just as somewhere to vent about things and also anonymously say how I'm feeling. TTC is a difficult thing to share with friends and family I have found due to expectations but also fear of questioning.

Jump on a testing thread if you don't know where else to start as they will at least support you through the 2ww or anything else u need.

Good luck x

Hi Glera, like you I'm quite new to this. Although I have been TTC for 11months I only joined this forum recently as it's starting to have a real impact on my life and I'm struggling at the moment. I've had 1 miscarriage and 2 chemical pregnancies since April 2017. Because of that I have been referred to a fertility clinic. We have both had initial tests done (me - bloods, swabs and ultrasound. Partner - sperm analysis X2) which have all come back normal. It is a very rocky road this TTC malarkey and if I had known before that we may have had problems I would have started trying earlier. The 1 bit of advice I can give is to start recording your basal body temp. I'm only onto my 2nd cycle of doing it and I wish I had done it from the beginning. It helps to get to know your body better and pretty much tells u if and when u ovulate every month. Do some research online and buy a thermometer (mine was only a few quid off eBay!). Good luck with your journey and I hope it doesn't take you too long to get your BFP!!!!

Hi

I am 25 - partner is 29. TTC since about April last year, been off contraception since Jan 17 too. Used to have 27/28 day cycles. They now seem to be getting longer, like 30-33 days. I feel you, it's so frustrating cycle after cycle and also doesn't help seeing everyone else on your Facebook around your age announcing their pregnancies. Feeling so broody at the moment it's unreal! Sending you lots of baby dust!
We are currently undergoing tests, I am waiting for day 21 cycle bloods to be done and partner has just sent off his sperm analysis. So we will keep trying and see! x

Last edited:
Hi, I’m 32, husband is 31 and we’re trying for our first baby. Been trying since October 2016 (with a forced 2 month break at Xmas due to needing the mmr jab before I could be referred to fertility clinic). All our results came back fine and husbands SA was above average, yet we still can’t get pregnant. It’s really tough every month that I get af but like Nikkibiscuit says, this is a great place to rant, air any worries or just have someone to listen who will understand what you’re going through. Best of luck in what I hope will be a short ttc journey for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back