TTC baby no2 after traumatic birth

Colleen1988

Reaction score
So I’ve not posted on here for a very long time....
My ds is 3 and going to school in september, I’ve started to get really broody and hubby really wants another baby to complete our little family.
I had a very traumatic birth with ds, I nearly died, had an emergency section under general and then nearly bled to death!! I didn’t get to meet my baby boy until he was 3 hours old as I was basically dying! So as you can imagine I’m in 2 minds about whether to do this again!!! Has anyone else been through this?? What’s it like having 2 children??
Ahhhhh I’m so scared!!
Colleen x

Awww, I’m sure it’s highly unlikely you will have the same problems next time round, I imagine you would be closely monitored too because of this.

I’m trying for my 2nd too, my daughter is 6 now. X

Oh good luck Hun :)
Did you always know you wanted another?
How old are you if you don’t mind me asking? I’m 30 x

Thank you.

I did always want another child but I left and divorced my daughters’ dad, it was never a great relationship, a long term one, met young and grew apart.

I’m now with someone who I see myself spending the rest of my life with and he is an amazing dad to his 2 daughters. I’m 34. X

I had a few issues after the birth of my daughter she’s 5 and a half my placenta started to rupture she was born 3 weeks early didn’t cry when she was born etc lots of hospital visits when pregnant due to bleeds and reduced movements etc and thought I’d never want another until my little girl was about 6 months old then I knew I would eventually had a few issues myself that last couple of years but am currently pregnant and due to my issues they are keeping an eye on things

Glad to see you back on here hun, cannot believe your son is 3! Goes to quickly!! My labour with my second was as traumatic as yours but I hemorrhaged quite badly and then he was in intensive care for 2 weeks for septicaemia. Given all what happened last time your doctor/midwife should keep a really close eye on you and you will be able to talk about how you would like to deliver the next one. Always here if you need to chat xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back