ttc and soo confused

jenxx10

Reaction score
hi there can someone help please i am so confused well my story from the start> me and my fiance have been ttc for 11 months and decideded to see the doctor this month who did some tests for pcos when i phoned for my results the receptionist told me it had been confirm i had it,however when i visited my doctor he said he couldnt be sure and has arrange for the test to be done again on day 3 of my cycle and to have bloods taking every month to check for ovulation.my tests for ovulation came back today and they said im not ovullating i am now so confused.how have i been having a period every month if im not ovulating?? what would happen now? would i be offered help or is there nothing they can do if i dont ovulate?? any answers very much welcomed.sorry for the rant just so confused:eh:

Moved this in here hun, welcome to the Forum :) x

Maybe it would be best for you to speak to your doctor again. Just be honest and tell him youre really confused and can he explain exactly what is happening, just make sure you get him to tell you in simple terms what the problem is, theres nothing worse than being spouted a load of medical jargon only to find you still have no idea what he is talking about!
I hope everything turns out Ok for you hun! Let me know how you get on!
Kimxx

thanks for all your replies so nice to speak to people who understand xx

Im not an expert but I dont understand either why u would have a period if ur nt ovulating. Doesnt that go hand in hand. Try not to worry tho If its found ur not ovulating, there are fertility drugs eg Clomid that will prompt ur body to ovulate. Id go back to the dr and get them to explain properly, thats what u pay ur taxes for

Hey!
I dont have any advice im afraid, although, apparently, having a period and ovulating are too completly diff things, so you can have one, without the other. I didnt know this, and assumed, if i had my period, that meant everything else was ok...
Because of this, im prob going to use opks next cycle, just to pinpoint when im ovualting, so its clearer in my head.

For you, I would go back to your doctor, and speak to them in person - easier said than done, with the receptionists though, but if you cant get an appt with him, maybe a nurse would be able to go through it with you in just as much detail, and they are in my experience, easier to get an appt with!

Good luck and fx - im sure everything will be fine, but you are doing the right thing in getting it looked at
xxxx

Hi, I hope I am ok to butt in in this section.
You can have a period without ovulating, its called an annovulatory cycle (think thats how you spell it)
Doctors often prescribe a drug called Clomid to help people who dont ovulate on their own, Hope this helps a bit
Jody xxx

Sorry Pickledonions missed your bit about Clomid :roll: xx

thanks again for all your replies.have took your adviceand made another app with the doctor nex thurs to get all my questions answered.iv heard a few people on about clomid does anyone know exactly what it is? and how long you have to be ttc for to got it? i also did try the opk and they said i was ovulating but the doctors blood tests say i wasnt its all just so confusing lol xx

Hi

Just wanted to reply to say please dont panic, when I had 21 day bloods done no ovulation was detected and I was devastated, the following month I had bloods done on day 5,14,18,21,24 and 26 ad it was detected that I ov later.
Were all different and some of us dont have textbook cycles, so please dont worry.
Good luck at the docs, I hope you get some answers soon xx

hello ladies! just reading this thread and wanted to say that i have pcos and i use a ovulation kit every month which says i ovulate on the date i expect (using an online calculator) iv been ttc for 3 months and i'm now worried that i am not actually ovulating too!! how do i know - i spoke to my doctor before tcc and said i have pcos is there any advice, she asked me if i have a regular period and when i said yes she said, it shoudl be fine then - clearly not though!!?? how do i go about getting a blood test, will doctors do this on request??

xx

Possibly hun, but why not try temping to start with, that will tell you whether you ov or not, it's how I found out I don't x

yeah i could give that a try this month, il look into temping as i dont know much about it lol! thanksxx

yeah i requested mine and got them as i was worried to i also use opk but have recently recently found out that they are useless in people with pcos.but i woul defo request the tests if its worrying you good luck :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back