ttc after giving birth with Factor V Leiden

Stephanie81

Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is my first post on here, and just wondered if anyone is having a similar experience, or could offer any advice! I gave birth to my baby boy 7 months ago after having 5 miscarriages due to having a blood clotting disorder. I had no trouble concieving, it was just staying pregnant that was the problem! After a long battle with the hospital and doctors, I was finally given Clexane and Progesterone to help me have a viable pregnancy, resulting in my beautiful baby boy! After struggling to have a baby for such a long time (and not getting any younger!) we decided to start trying again asap. Since giving birth, my periods have only lasted a few days, have been very light and seem to be just old blood. I've taken ovulation tests, and have definately been ovulating, so that's not the problem. The doctors just fob me off, saying we haven't been trying long enough to investigate, which is really frustrating! Is anyone else ttc after giving birth with Factor V, or had any similar experiences?xx

Hi Hun,

I'm not in the same situation but for this pregnancy and a previous one I took progesterone from 3dpo, maybe the short periods mean that you don't have much lining and taking the progesterone will help build a good lining for good implantation.

In my experience the NHS were a waste of time, if you have the spare cash I'd go private get a prescription for progesterone and considering being a bit older I'd get clomid too to hurry things along, this would set you back about £500 inc prescriptions, consultations and scans.

If thats not an option I'd got back to NHS and demand a referral based on your history and age, you need to be TTC 6 months in the NHS guidelines for over 35's.

Good Luck

xx

Thank you fo the advice! I've got some progesterone left from my last pregnancy, but only 2 weeks worth. I'll try taking that after ovulation this time and see if it makes a difference. Did you say you were advised to take it 3 days past ovulation? I also read that baby Aspirin can help build a healthy lining, so I'm going to start taking that now! I'm 31 which is why the NHS won't give me much help, but I'm hoping for 3 or 4 children, which is why time is a bit of a factor! (we've been trying since I was 27). Really hoping that it happens this month, it's so heartbreaking! Otherwise it's back to the doctors, or I will definitely look into getting the prescription privately. Thanks again x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back