TTC after 8 years BC and no period

coultera

Reaction score
I posted earlier on a different thread but thought I should start my own.

I wanted to get everyone's input on this. I've only been TTC for about a month now. Blessed to have only been doing it for such a small time. Prayers and sweet thoughts to everyone who has gone much, much longer.

My dilemma. I've been on BC for 8 years and got off in November. I had a cycle in Dec and Jan 19. Then, no period since then. BFN one after another.

Has anyone gotten preggo and not had a regular cycle? I know it's possible to ovulate but would really like some thoughts on this.

My OPK from this morning looks +

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to the crazy world of TTC. Not sure mine is a positive story for but I came off microgynon in Decmber 2012 after nearly 12 years. My first period after stopping was bang on time, but after that they were really irregular. Sometimes I had 50+ day cycles. It hs only been since January this year that things appear to have settled down to around 30 day cycles, although in saying that I have probably jinxed myself for this month as only CD6! So for me it appears to have take a year for my cycles to settle down. After long term use of the pill it can take a while for your body to recover, however on the other hand there are stories on here of ladies who got their BFP straight away so you never can tell!!

Sorry if that wasn't the best experience! Fx your TTC journey is really short :)

Last edited:
It is crazy indeed. Thank you for responding. I thought no one would. Im crampy this morning. We shall see if af shows her ugly face. We've only started ttc since beginning of March so not long at all. No af but bding when we can. Been waiting for 8 long years to start trying and Im being inpatient.
No apology needed! Thank you for telling me your experience!

Ive been waiting 8 years too, its so very long isn't it! i had a mirena coil, removed on 11th april, so its really earl days for us yet, but i too am so impatient! when you have waited so long every cycle seems endless!

if your opk looks + grab you OH and go for it! it is possible to become pregnant without having had a period, just depends on the ovulation, although implantation would depend on the quality of the uterine lining, but i think if you are ovulating there must be one there, hormones are so damn complicated! wishing you lots of baby dust:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back