• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Trying to conceive

sands

Reaction score
Hiya girls

I am new here and hope you can help me

I am 32 yrs ol (33 in Dec) and my hubby and I are trying for our first baby. He will be 37 this Dec.

We have been trying for a couple of months now. I went off the pill last January actually and my cycle has been out of whack but I think now it is on average around 21 days.

I actually started my period today and just wondered when we should try again - sorry for dumb question.

Thanks for ur help

Sandy

Hi sands,

I was the same, my periods took about 6 months to get back to normal after the pill. I average at 28 day cycle so my ovulation time is usually around the 14th day but as you have a 21 day cycle this will prob be different.
They say that you are likely to ovulate 14 days before the start of your next period and not 14 days after (which is what a lot of people think, including me to begin with). According to your dates you could predict that you may ov around a week from now but some others might know more about this than me.
I am no expert though and have only been charting ovulation properly for a few months really. I have used ovulation predictor kits to help, do you have any of these? They really help xx

Thanks Lisey

I was actually in Boots yesterday and was looking at them but decided to just wait but now I wish I had bought the ov tests.

We will keep trying this month and if I get my period again then I will def get the ov tests.

So do you think we should try conceive again in a week? come to think of it I think it has been only 19 days since my last period started.

Hmm maybe i should be keeping a diary of when I start my periods so I know my exact cycle. When I was on the pill, I knew I was on every 3rd Monday.

I just looked up your dates on an online ovulation calculator and these were the results;

Your next ovulation will most likely occur on Monday, Oct-17-2011. Your fertile days are between Friday, Oct-14-2011 and Wednesday, Oct-19-2011

Google ovulation calculator or calender and it can give a rough idea of when it may happen. The ovulation tests are cheaper to buy online. I got the clearblue ones from amazon for £12 when they are £20 in boots. Worth looking online as it can work out expensive. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back