Trying for our first

Mywaterfall

Reaction score
Hi new to the forum

Just thought I ask if there is anybody who have/maybe been in the same boat as myself.
OH and I have just started TTC (since April this yr), I've never been on the pill always use the condoms or "passion killers" as I call them lol and not having much luck up to now. I know that may sounds silly but I just guessed it would happen.

Started using an app on my iphone to keep track of my AF to which have always been pretty regular think there may have been a month or 2 that i was over a few days.
Had my AF last month and next one is due in like 3 days (getting the usually symptoms boobs hurts/moody).

I'm still sort of learning/reading about stuff but trying not to over think things. I did an OV test from (AF May) CD8 .. which yeah was maybe a bit early. According to the app i was due to OV on 23 May but tested and nothing , i had been testing every day since i finshed my AF. When tested on 26 May and got a smile face. We been :bd: every other day as read its not good to do it every day. Just hoping it happens one day :bfp:

:dust: To you all!

Sarah

We're all very much in the same boat!!! We've been trying since April last year!! Managed to get pg twice in that time but lost both, one at 5 weeks and one at 13 weeks.
Some women have a short surge and miss it on the ovulation tests. It's good that you got a smiley face though eventually. Remember that these apps are very generalised and that each woman is different.
If you ovulated on 26th May, what cycle day was that?

Oh I'm sorry to hear that :( It wasn't till i started to read on different forum's that it wasn't as simple as I thought.
It was CD 15 that I seem to OV on, after that no more smiley faces. I've only just started to get the hang of the OV CD as such but OH has been helping me a bit.

Just have to give it time I guess. Is it after certain time that you go to your GP and speak to them? like 6 months or 1 yr if nothing happening.

Last edited:
Im 3rd cycle ttc, use opks and now a fertility monitor that was given to me.

I decided to monitor my ovulation/cycle to make sure it all started happening as it should. Im 37yrs old and was onthe pill for 20yrs. Pleased that it seems to be back to normal, still waiting for my BFP.

Im cd12 today, monitor says im HIGH but no PEAK as yet, im using OPKs as a back ip too. Still no pos OPK..

Good luck xx

Keep using opk's for a few months to get a window of ov days, mine was any day between cd10 and cd12 before my latest mc. The ov day can change from cycle to cycle, but the luteal phase is usually the same each month and that's what will determine your cycle length ie if you ov cd16 and then get AF cd31, then your luteal phase is 14 days.
A luteal phase of 10 days and over is considered ok for pregnancy.
If you are under 35 they say seek help after one year and if you're over 35, then seek help after 6 months.
Good luck xx

Welcome to the forum Hun, TTC is hard work, stick with the OPK's you'll get the hang of it. Hope you get your bfp soon and looking forward to following your journey x

Thanks for the reply's girls. :)
Well i did get some OV strips and Clearblue digital sticks to off Ebay, but found the Clearblue much easier to understand as i was never sure whether I was reading the OV strips right or not. Also I've been doing the OV tests about the same time every day for my CD which is 2pm as this is easier for me due to work. Fingers crossed I get a :bfp: one day soon

Good luck TTC hun. We started ttc recently. Hope we both get a nice big sticky :bfp: soon :) xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back