Trying for our 2nd

Aurora09

Reaction score
Hi all,

Am new to this forum.

Me and my partner are trying for our 2nd one, have been trying since Aug 11'. I've been told that this is still a short period of time.

I have been using pregnacare while my husband have been using the partner pack wellman's tablet that came as a trying for a baby pack (Sorry, can't remember the name).

Anyway, no luck so far. We are starting to worry.

I have currently started to use the ovulating test kit from boots which cost an arm and a leg.

Is there any advice you can give on here.

I've read through alot of threads and post, but cannot seem to grasp whats being said.

Many Thanks in advance.

hi hun

we were trying to conceive (3rd) from july to december; didn't really try anything but opk's until the month we conceived.
the month i got my BFP i started taking agnus castus (from holland and barratt) and we tried the SMEP plan - but unsure which worked!

hi hun

we were trying to conceive (3rd) from july to december; didn't really try anything but opk's until the month we conceived.
the month i got my BFP i started taking agnus castus (from holland and barratt) and we tried the SMEP plan - but unsure which worked!

Thanks, but I'm very lost when it comes to the acronyms. I think that's what made it harder for me to understand the other threads. Sorry :(

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk

Hiya!

I honestly wouldn't worry hun, that alone can interfere with natures way of doing things!

Just have sex......lots of sex, morning sex, late night rampant sex, lovely making love sex and try to leave a day in between sometimes to give the spermies a chance to get stronger!

The ovulation kit from Boots.....i don't know it or what you get with it, but if it has ovulation sticks that you pee on, then start using them from about 10 days after your first full day of period. When you get a positive (where the control line is lighter than the test line) then make sure you DTD (do the deed!) that night and maybe the next night as this is when you are most likely to catch.

Sorry if this has sounded patronising, didn't mean it to, just hope its a bit helpful!

Have you tried any Conceive plus or pre-seed lubricants? These are good too if you don't get alot of cervical mucus. Or you could try evening primrose oil, this helps increase the amount of cervical mucus also.

Ummmmm.........thinking now.......did the boots kit come with a thermometer and have you been charting? Maybe the other girls can help with charting, I don't do that!

But good on ya for taking the supplements etc. i don't take anything just now but might start taking folic acid or something soon

xxxx

DTD - doing the deed or BD'ing - Baby Dancing (i like that one better)
CM is cervical mucus
EWCM is egg white cervical mucus, the kind that is great for travelling spermies
OV ovulating
HPT home pregnancy test
OPK ovulation prediction kit or OPS ovulation prediction sticks
AF aunt flow (what you DON'T what to get lol)
BBT that thermomoter thingy to take your temps

don't think theres much more but thats a good starty!

Hiya!

I honestly wouldn't worry hun, that alone can interfere with natures way of doing things!

Just have sex......lots of sex, morning sex, late night rampant sex, lovely making love sex and try to leave a day in between sometimes to give the spermies a chance to get stronger!

The ovulation kit from Boots.....i don't know it or what you get with it, but if it has ovulation sticks that you pee on, then start using them from about 10 days after your first full day of period. When you get a positive (where the control line is lighter than the test line) then make sure you DTD (do the deed!) that night and maybe the next night as this is when you are most likely to catch.

Sorry if this has sounded patronising, didn't mean it to, just hope its a bit helpful!

Have you tried any Conceive plus or pre-seed lubricants? These are good too if you don't get alot of cervical mucus. Or you could try evening primrose oil, this helps increase the amount of cervical mucus also.

Ummmmm.........thinking now.......did the boots kit come with a thermometer and have you been charting? Maybe the other girls can help with charting, I don't do that!

But good on ya for taking the supplements etc. i don't take anything just now but might start taking folic acid or something soon

xxxx

Hi Liz,

Thanks for the reply and support.

I will keep trying, I've not tried any lubricants or charting yet. Maybe start using lubricant soon to help. But definitely clueless with the charting.

DTD - doing the deed or BD'ing - Baby Dancing (i like that one better)
CM is cervical mucus
EWCM is egg white cervical mucus, the kind that is great for travelling spermies
OV ovulating
HPT home pregnancy test
OPK ovulation prediction kit or OPS ovulation prediction sticks
AF aunt flow (what you DON'T what to get lol)
BBT that thermomoter thingy to take your temps

don't think theres much more but thats a good starty!

Thanks for the quick reference, much appreciated.

Why not get some cheap ovulation tests of eBay, you can get like 30 for a fiver or something, think that's what most do, especially if the months are going by, you don't want to fork out 20 quid a month

Why not get some cheap ovulation tests of eBay, you can get like 30 for a fiver or something, think that's what most do, especially if the months are going by, you don't want to fork out 20 quid a month

Are they accurate then? I read somewhere they are not any good?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back