Trying again Jodie 12 months nxt month am i MAD

bossbump

Reaction score
MY LITTLE JODIE WILL BE 1 AT THE END OF NXT MONTH AND WE ARE THINKING OF TRYING AGAIN FOR ANOTHER ONE. DO YOU THINK WE ARE MAD OR DO YOU THINK IT WILL BE NICE TO HAVE 2 SO CLOSE TOGETHER.

I dont think theres a yes or no answer to that one, if you feel ready to have another than go for it!!

I was very close in age to my sister (only about a year between us) and we were close and still are, got into the same things at the same time, even had our first periods on the same day!! (PMT was a nightmare in our house lol)

I think it is personal choice to be honest, I would like a 1-2 year gap between my chilldren however if you and your partner feel it is the right time then go for it

:cheer:

Well I'm aiming for 4 all under the age of 5 so, I think you have my answer :rotfl:

Not quite working out to plan though - still who knows

If you feel ready for another little one then go for it! I had 18 months between 1 & 2....they fought like mad and are very competitive but are best of friends too.

There is 15 months between my 1st two, it was hard work but not as hard as everybody kept telling me it would be, luckily kirsty (my daughter) was walking before Jesse (my son) was born so that helped a lot. It was constant nappy changes etc and they are close although they fight like cat and dog at times but then again what siblings don't! When Kirsty was potty training all the running up and downstairs was hard work and it felt like as soon as i'd finished training her i was starting again with jesse but i must admit the weight soon dropped off me.

I have also got an 18 month old son (Ben) and have just got my BFP for number 4. I've always wanted 4 kids and I wanted the next two close together also but not as close as Kirsty and Jesse were. I have really enjoyed the one to one time i have had with Ben, especially with Kirsty and Jesse being at school and i missed that with Jesse cause life with two so small was just rolled into one and you keep going and so miss that one to one time.

There are good points and bad points but at the end its only a decision you and your OH can make.

some good points are...

They are generally going to be there for each other at school cause there will only be about a year or so between them depending when their birthdays are.

They can play together in the soft play places that have an age limit on them so its not a case of one can go in one cant.

you generally have a closer circle of school friends cause there is not too big an age gap.

not so much jelousy over the sibling (well i dont think so anyway)

fun fun fun

bad points

feeding, bottles, changeing bags etc is constant and ongoing

always knackered

miss one to one time

can't really think of any more lol

hope this helped, sorry it was long

Nikki
xx

Nikki

see dionnes lil ones on here makes me want 2 together (plus its being so much hard work getting one i think id wanna start straight away anyway !)

my lil brothers are 2 and 4 , and there great togetehr ! (altho i dont have to live with them lol) but there is a bit of jealousy witht he older one , but then u also ahve the added fact that they play so well together and keep each other amused!

one prob i found was buying present for the older one , as ud wanna get present subtible for his age but got to remember there's also a littler person who's likely to get hold of it !

it will be nice and 18 month gap is about the norm anyway :)

i think it will be lovely to have them close, my first 2 are 11 months apart in age and they get on great and i was aiming for a similar age gap with ryan and this baby but it didnt quite go to plan altho there will only be 2 yrs between them.

i totally agree with moomoo in that it is hard but not as hard as everyone says, and its great for weight loss lol
and altho i wanted these two closer together i have really enjoyed a little bit longer one to one time with ryan it has showed me just how much i did miss having the older boys so close cos you dont have the time to sit back and enjoy it, but saying that i also put that down to me only being 18 with 2 babies and not truly appreciating how lovely they are that young :)

good luck with ttc thats where the fun begins :cheer: :wink:

i think it would be nice to have two children close together, but if i had a baby soon ( :pray: ) i thini i would wait at least 4-5 years, no longer!!!

there is a 9 year difference between me and my brother and i dont think we can be as close as what we would be if we were near enough the same age, im nearly 20 and trying for a baby, engaged etc yet my brother is only 10 (nearly 11) - still love him to bits tho :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back