1st Period,heres to trying again.

Anna B

Reaction score
As some of you might remember, I had a termination just a month ago at 19 weeks. My little boy was found to have severe spina bifida, and hydrocephallus, so we had to make the worst decision of our lives.

We are both feeling much better now, my post partum bleeding had stopped, and just 2 days later (last friday) my period started!! I am fed upto the back teeth with bleeding, but I seeing it as a good thing, cos it means we can now start trying again if we want to ( I do, I think Paul wants to wait a bit though :think: )

How soon am going to be fertile?? Will I definatly ovulate this month, or will it take a while to kick in again?? I didn't have chance to do any of the mucus checking or anything last time as I got pregnant in the first month of trying, and I didn't know about it all then, so what should I be looking out for??

Anna, if your ready for it, then do it. Get some saticks to pee on to make sure or get an ovulation calendar and have a go at that and relax and stay positive and take your folic acid now if you are definitely going to try.

The best of luck to you, i was thinking about you earlier.x

Hi Anna

I've just read your story - I think you are very brave and wish you the very best for the future.

Are you taking 5mg folic acid? Its recommended that women like yourself who have had a baby with spina bifida take a higher dose of folic acid - but I'm sure your doctor has told you all about this.

There's also been some research to suggest two other vitamins (vitamin B12 and myo-inositol) can help prevent neural tube defects such as spina bifida. It might be worth looking into this and deciding for yourself.

Hey Katie-Ann! Thanks for the info. My doc has prescribed me the 5mg folic acid and ecommended I take a full pregnancy vitamin too, as it had the B6 and B12 recommended by a study in it.
What is myo-inositol though, I haven't herd of that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back