True or false

kellymummytobe

Reaction score
Ok I heard something don't know if it's true or not but if the baby's HB is below 140 bpm it's a boy if it's over then it's a girl this is how you could tell in the olden days lol just wondering what you girls think true or false lol xxxxx

Sent from my AWSOME iPad 2 using Tapatalk

well from what I can vaugely remember my little boys Leo's was 156bpm on one of my notes... So maybe not true x

Also its only supposed to be true when you are in labour. With jake we didnt know what we were having and midwife listened in and said oooh its a boy. And he was lol xx

Won't be true while your pregnant as baby's heartbeat changes all the time!

I know it changes all the time Hun but like I said I have heard and just wanted to know as I didn't think it was true!

Our lo's hb was 144 at the 20wk scan and I'm having a boy x

I had a thread a while back about the same thing but I have been told now its only different through labour apparently. AJs hb was 160bpm when last counted. xxxxxx

I don't think any of old wives tales have any truth to em. Most of the symptoms i've had a been heading towards a boy (except for the lovely sickness of course!) But who knows! Do you know what your having yet kellymummytobe?

One of my friends was told her baby's hb indicated girl because it was fast so her mum bought a load of pink and she had a boy - oops xx

No Hun not till 4th of jan but still I've heard that its still a 50/50 chance at the scan of telling the sex my sister in law was told she was having a girl at her scan and she had a boy lol x

Lol @taffy that's why I just buy cream hehe or white x

My lo's hb was always over 140, so made me think she was a girl, we didn't know she was until she was born :) x x

Not heard about it only being in labour, but I always reackon these old wives tales must have some element of truth, to stick around for so long. Xxx

It was said that this is how the doctors did it back in the old days lol but I don't believe this as the baby's heart rate changes all the way through the pregnancy as say for instance you was really stressed your heart rate would rise then when yours calmed down the baby's would speed up so it changes I dont think it's true lol :) x

At my appointment last week with the midwife was the first time I got to hear baby's heartbeat - was amazing! :) It read 145 at one point but averaged out at 135...if anything reading this old myth has made me even more impatient to get to my next scan and find out for sure! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back