triple test

Reaction score
did anyone else decline the triple test for downs etc me and my oh did as last time i had it i spent 2 weeks worrying and stressing about the results and we is he is now pestering me because he has changed his mind after watching e-enders some of you might think this was a silly thing to do but its what we really wanted at the time and its now causing alot of friction between us we both feel we will love our baby no matter what but he wants the test anyway now

I never asked for the test. I couldn't bear the thought of worrying for the next few months.

My MW told me of 2 incidents in Carlisle the year before where one woman got a low risk result so never went ahead with the next test (sorry cant remember the words for all these) and she had a Downs baby. Within a few months another woman had had the test and got back a 78% chance so she had the next tests and they came back negative. Her baby was fine. This news definately put me off getting the tests as I dont think I'd be able to go ahead with the next test because it can cause miscarriage so if I was high risk I might be worrying for nothing throughout the rest of my pregnancy :?

(sorry I always ramble on oops :oops: )

we have a downs adult in my immediate family who i grew up with so i know there are chances there but he lives a normal life goes to work even has a lovely partner i wouldnt have the invasive amino test either as there is miscarrage chances so i decided to just wait and see i have all the support i would need from my family so i thought why bother

I declined the test. The midwife said that my chances of having a downs baby was very small anyway due to me being only 21 at the time, and she also warned that the test carries a risk of miscarriage. I didn't want to risk losing the baby, so I declined the test.

i was told i was more at risk of having a downs, i had the tests.

its not to late if you do want them done though. i was on holiday and when i came back at 20weeks preg i had mine done

i think its fine to not have them done, if either way you will love the baby and support the baby whats the point in knowing

I had all the tests which told me whether I had problems that I could give the the baby, and asked to be tested for Toxiplasmosis too as I have a cat. I declined all the tests which told me if there would be problems with the baby.

The results wouldn't have changed my mind, and me & OH said we'd rather wait & not be worrying for the whole pregnancy. I'm low risk.

i wasnt allowed and to be honest im glad i wasnt as i found out i was OG l8 id never have been able to do nething bout it

I had the blood test but it came back as a low risk.

A colleague was offered an amnio as her results were high risk, they went ahead and had it and all was OK.

I'm worried about baby no.2 as I'm 31 now and your risk increases with age. I won't hang about too long I don't think before having another baby.

The story line in Eastenders is so powerful. The couple whose baby it is in real life didn't have any tests and only discovered their baby had downs once she was born.

I'm having them done as I would like to be as prepared as possible if the baby does have downs.

my Dh and I also decided not to have the tests... I am probably at high risk because I am 40 and expecting my first but we thought long and hard about it and decided that we have waited so long for this baby and that we would love it just as much whatever the outcome that there wasn't any point in doing the tests as we would go ahead with the pregnancy whatever.

i didnt have the test with my first but i did with my second and wish i hadnt because i just cried with worry for 2 weeks and would have kept my baby no matter what.a young girl down the road from me had all low risk she is 15 and has had a beautiful downs baby girl so no telling

What is the triple test??

I just got offered a Nuchal Fold Scan down here, which I agreed to and they did at 4 weeks, my initial risk was 1 in 1000 for my age and after the scan it had dropped to 1 in 4000 which is pretty low risk.

hearts81 said:
I never asked for the test. I couldn't bear the thought of worrying for the next few months.

My MW told me of 2 incidents in Carlisle the year before where one woman got a low risk result so never went ahead with the next test (sorry cant remember the words for all these) and she had a Downs baby. Within a few months another woman had had the test and got back a 78% chance so she had the next tests and they came back negative. Her baby was fine. This news definately put me off getting the tests as I dont think I'd be able to go ahead with the next test because it can cause miscarriage so if I was high risk I might be worrying for nothing throughout the rest of my pregnancy :?

(sorry I always ramble on oops :oops: )

Well i had the tests and was low risk and havnt worried really, well untill i read that, now i am worried. :|

Cassi, don't be worrying about anything, you're 35 weeks pregnant and can do without the stress!

What will be will be honey, I'm sure you and baby will be ok :hug:

I guess so i did worry loads the other night when he wouldnt budge though!!! then he got the hiccups, little git lol

My OH and myself are going through a debate about this at the mo.

I don't want to have the test done but he does.

I don't think that I will have it done as I don't fancy the worry, I will love my baby regardless.

The midwife also said that they can pick up a lot of things from the 20 week scan.

However,I do actually think that the eastenders story line has bought a lot of worries to light and picked up some very good issues that have made us all think a little.

maybe not the best story line to watch though whilst pregnant!

I never had the tests done, I didnt want them and to be honest I don't trust them anyway.

My OH's Cousin had them done 2 yrs ago with her 2nd child and she paid for them aswell, came back low risk on all the tests and she had a downs baby, Absolutly gorgeous little boy and lights up the room she couldnt be more happier but after I heard that I thought whats the point ? :?

i didnt take the test as it wouldnt make a difference to me if she was downs or not. and i wouldnt have it done for anymore either.

Consultant told me that blood test would only show high or low risk but wouldnt identify if downs, if high I'd be offered amnio. No way on the planet I'd have that. I asked if it would make any difference to ante natal care if it was shown to be downs, he said no. Declined test as if high I wouldnt have amnio and it would only stress me out and theres no way I'd terminate so no point in having test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back