• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Trick or Treat

jools221181

Reaction score
Hope this hasn't already been posted!

What are your views on Trick or Treat? Do/will you take your kids Trick or Treating and do you give treats to kids who knock on your door? If so, what do you give?

I used to keep stuff in to give the kids but it's not the same as it used to be around here, all we get are teenagers hoping they get given money so they can buy fags or cider! :roll: So I tend to ignore the door nowadays! :oops:

It's a shame really! :(

I was never allowed to go trick or treating - my parents didn't like what it was celebrating. Never bothered me as a child and i don't think that when bump is grown up i will alow them to either.

No idea what people give, never had people knocking on my door!

hubby will be having fun working that night , me , ill be hiding with the lights off pretending im not in , no way im openig my door :roll: sorry for any true kiddie trick or treaters but there;s way too much risk for me on me own , how daft is that !

It's so American, and yeah we get the older kids coming round instead of the little ones, so for the last couple of years I've put a notice on my front door saying No Trick or Treats, and I get a peaceful evening :lol:

We live in the wilderness so I'll be very suprised if anyone knocks on our door. Last year tho I took the little man around an estate my friend lived on and it was like what you see on the tv!! The houses were all decorated and had pumpkins ouside, everyone was really nice, there were loads of kids about and everyone knew each other. The adults said they only did it til about 7pm though because later than that you get the older kids after £££!!

Almost enough to make me wanna live on a street......but not quite :rotfl:

my sister was in the bath last year so obviously didnt answer the door so they chucked a wheelie bin at the front door :evil: little sh*ts, who do they think they are

Yeah I do give out treats BUT only to children who are dressed up and with adults, round were we are we really only get the children out of our grove so it's not too bad. Also put a time limit on, if it is after 7pm then don't answer.

If we do get teenagers we say we have run out of stuff :oops:

It didn't really matter last year though because we were at a party and will be this year too.

I live in a little village so we only get all the little kids coming round with their parents. They really make an effort to dress up too. My OH grew up in the states so he loves it. We have a pumpkin and lots of sweets for the children

None of the kids round by us dare to come to our house coz the dogs sound so vicious when anyone knocks at the door :cheer: :cheer:

They are both big softies but bark like mad when anyone knocks- its normally really really annoying but at Halloween it comes handy!!! :clap:

Wouldn't mind if it was little kiddies coming round but we get lads bigger than me coming round & expecting to get money :twisted:

i dont answer the door im scared of kids and i dont hav any treats coz i eat them all lol what if they squirt ketchup in my face or somet haha

I take Mason out, he loves it.

Also I put a sign on the door saying under 10's only, and we get lots of little cute dressed up kids with their parents so it's fine.

I'm not doing anything this year because I am working and Jake is too young to care anyway. I have bought some sweets for OH to give to anyone who knocks though which is is pleased about :lol:. I think that Halloween is great for the younger children but unfortunately you usually get some of the older children being idiots. I will probably take Jake out trick or treating in the street when he is a bit older but for now I will probably just have a party at my house each year.

We are lucky where we live in Germany and will only get children coming to our door, I would say 99% of them will be army children. Oliver dresses up and answers the door and I have loads of boxes of yoghurt rasins for the kiddies. After 7pm I ask for people not to knock though as thats when the boys go to bed.

Last year a kid about 15 knocked on the door with a 99p mask from asda and that was the extent of his costume, and he knocked a week before halloween and so when i said its not halloween he said
'yeah but im on holiday then' !!!!!!!!!!!!!
How cheeky are kids

:oops: :oops: :oops:

My mum loves halloween - she decorates her house so much it's been featured in the local paper - we all dress up and have 100s of children knocking (we once gave out 150+ glow sticks which we give to every child who knocks so they're safe)

Last year she took a year off and just gave out sweets - children were soooo upset she's doing it all over again this year. We have fog machines, bubble machines, loads of lights and candles and last time we made a tunnel using a canopy thing that had bowls of horrible things to put your hand in etc (all jelly and sweets mushed up really :wink: )

I love Halloween :dance: I take the boys out in thier outfits and Rob gives out the treats :D

libs said:
:oops: :oops: :oops:

My mum loves halloween - she decorates her house so much it's been featured in the local paper - we all dress up and have 100s of children knocking (we once gave out 150+ glow sticks which we give to every child who knocks so they're safe)

Last year she took a year off and just gave out sweets - children were soooo upset she's doing it all over again this year. We have fog machines, bubble machines, loads of lights and candles and last time we made a tunnel using a canopy thing that had bowls of horrible things to put your hand in etc (all jelly and sweets mushed up really :wink: )

That sounds like so much fun! :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back