Trick or Treat - whats your opinion?

that mishcevious nite sounds interesting :roll:

never heard of it before so prob not a down south thin

Sarah_B's_mummy87 said:
never heard of it before so prob not a down south thin

Give it a couple of years, will let you know when it reaches Birmingham and you can prepare yourselves! :wink:

Never heard of it either thank god! Sounds like another excuse to act like an idiot for kids these days!

When I first moved to Leeds someone told me about mischievous night & I thought they were joking!!!

It's appalling, a stupid excuse for vandelism. Last year OH caught some little oik trying to put superglue in the keyholes in his car :shock: ! That's not funny!

i agree with you guys - we were only allowed to our neighbours house and them to ours!

as for egging... a couple of years ago i was told in our local village co-op that they couldnt sell me eggs as they were not allowed to sell them to under 15's :shock:

i was 25!!! i only wanted poached eggs for my tea :lol: the assistant (who probably was 15!) eventually let me buy them when i convinced her i was a good decade older than this minimum age! should have run out and egged the front of the shop after :lol:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I hate it when you get 14 year olds knocking on your door holding a mask up to their face and saying 'trick or treat'!! Really boils my blood, they probably want 20p to go and buy a cigarette :x

As for kids doing it, I think its nice when I see a few grown ups with little kids in proper costumes and stuff! If they came to my door Id give them something but they never have!

I wouldnt take Josh though, I know alot of people hate it and Id be too scared to knock on their doors incase they shouted at me ha ha! Josh is having his halloween party at nursery so he'll still get the chance to dress up and experience the whole halloween thing, thats good enough I think :)

:rotfl: Em I 've just read your thing about buying eggs...I heard somewhere that you have to be a certain age! I dread to think of what rules they'll come up with next :roll:

Never heard of mischief night but it sounds like a normal night where we live :shock:

I don't mind little kids doing it aslong as they are with a parent or another adult but teenagers doing it pisses me off.

I just put a padlock on the gates so they can't even get anywere near my house :twisted:

Even if I did buy in sweets/chocolates to give away I would end up eating them first so it's pointless anyway lol

I wasn't allowed to do it and Nathan won't be allowed either :)

Hi

I said yes here in Canada Halloween is a huge thing nearly everyone does it, its kinda odd if you dont lol :) but everywhere is different.
It was my favourite part going out for candy every year and gettign sick off it lol , we were always supervised till my last year when i was 14 ( i know a bit old but hey). Now my favourite part is handing out the candy and seeing all the kids costumes. Thsi year we might take Kiara just in our complex .
Katrina

Rachel said:
Even if I did buy in sweets/chocolates to give away I would end up eating them first so it's pointless anyway lol

I did that last year. It's pointless me buying anything, I live at the end of a dead end road & no one ever comes up that far!

Still, it's a good excuse...

can't stand trick or treaters! :x

its a form of begging. i wasn't allowed to do it and i don't let my kids do it.
The only thingi do is carve a pumpkin and its only coz i like the smell of it as it burns :dance:

we were never allowed to go trick or treating when we were little incase we scared the old people of the village, we went to the youth club for halloween and had a fancy dress comp which was more fun than terrorising the old people. there are kids who come round to our house and usually im ok but this year im petrified for some reason so im not going to answer the door DH will ahve to :|

Last year I organised a trick or treating night with Mason's class from school.

I got everyones addresses who wanted to take part, then gave out the list to the parents. It worked really well, I haven't managed to get round to it this year but will maybe take Mason to 3 or 4 friends houses cos he has a cool outfit. :)

Im taking Dior and my 5 yr old brother trick or treating. i will be knocking every door with them :cheer: il hide at the side of the door though :oops:

but i think its great a time of year where LO can go out and earn some penies them self
Tyler is looking so forward to it and so am i :cheer:
we are having a party at mine too :)

its not harrasment if no one wants to give money they dont have too

i have had no trick or treaters yet :( dout i will either no one knows my house is here :( i live on a building site :roll:

I never give money, just chocolate and stuff.

I might make a sign this year saying under 10's only.

urchin said:
I never give money, just chocolate and stuff.

I might make a sign this year saying under 10's only.

lol in my trampy estate i was brought up in the smack heads used to put bin liners on with a mask and say in a childish voice. trick or treat. the run of change their mask and come back :shakehead:

i used to go with my older brother an his mates an my mates it was fun, things have changed loads since then though!
I dont answer my door :oops: i get scared :lol: Ill take kai to my mums brothers and mil as he wants to wear his outfit!
kaihalloween.jpg

My mum got the hat :roll:

I was never allowed to go trick or treating but when I have this LO and he is older (starting next year probably) I expect we will dress him up as a pumpkin or something and then just take him out in the car to relatives houses, as I know they will love it.

We wont be doing it for the sweets etc it will just be a chance for our families to see him all dressed up and looking cute :D

As for normal, knocking on random strangers doors, that I dont agree with. Its annoying and can be intimidating for the people that answer the door and like some of you have said its begging.

i really enjoyed trick or treating as a kid it was great and most the kids in our village did it, not for money tho for all the sweets that you could then go and trade with friends at school lol

i have taken my eldest 2 trick or treating and they enjoyed it to, you can see the houses that accept trick or treaters some have really lovely window displays :)

but because of the area we have moved to now its not quite as nice and much closer to town so i have bought tickets to a local halloween party at conkers so the kids still get to enjoy it all and we avoid the trick or treaters around here win win :D

mischiefs night sounds interestin, wonder how long it will take to make its way down to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back