tri 2 today with an almost non existent bump

honeybear

Reaction score
well if my dating scan is correct
I'm 14 weeks today so tri 2 bound. I still feel as crappy as i did weeks ago. still as nauseus and fatigued but with a new one....a constant eye watering headache. been sofa ridden for days and still off on sick from my job as it's physical and long hours.

did anyone else suffer with the headaches ? or an almost non existent bump ...more like bloating every so often!
thought id stop worrying by now x

If it's your first baby good chance you won't show until about 20 weeks. This is when your uterus will touch your navel button and you'll notice a formed bump. Until then it's mainly on/off bloat.

I showed properly about 5 months with my first. Second I showed about 4m. Usually you will show earlier with your second, third etc.

Headaches I normally suffer infrequent migraine's. Did notice an increase of them between week 10-15 due to the increase in hormones.

Keep hydrated, eat well and try a wee roll on for your head. I use a peppermint oil roll on which works wonders. I have taken a one off dose of ibuprofen aswell in extreme cases.

Thankfully not had any migraine's since finishing work. Stress and exhaustion was a big factor for me.

xxxxx

I'm still sick at 21 weeks, so for some unlucky ones it doesn't go away. I have a small bump now, but considering I'm expecting twins it's tiny. It appears my babies have decided to squash my internal organs rather than push the bump out. It also hasn't grown that much in the last month, but the shape has become rounder and I can feel the babies everywhere now.
I had awful headaches for a few weeks, but they're mostly gone. Was probably a sinus infection. Remember you can take paracetamol as normal and if it gets too bad you can get codeine on prescription.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

hi ladies thankyou for your replies, it is my first baby and my uterus tilts back which probably wont help!
I think stress and dehydration is playing a large factor. I will try some peppermint oil on a wheat bag and let you know how that goes unfortunately the regular paracetamol isn't doing much! I've spent more time at the doctors than I'd admit !
hopefully baby is so nicely nestled it doesn't want To be showing haha xxx

My symptoms went down around the 16 week mark and I didn't show very much at all until I was 5 months with my first. Its rotten feeling rough for such a long time ((hugs))

As Russellmuscle said, keep drinking lots of water to stay hydrated which is something I find hard to do when I feel nauseous. You are legally protected to take as much pregnancy related sickness as you need (if in the UK) so don't hold back on days off if you are having a particularly rough time.

I didn't know you where legally protected to have the time off tbh I work in a hospital and alot of my job is based with people with mental health conditions of some kind. limited staff and no air flow around it makes me feel worse. I've just been really unlucky with feeling unwell in this pregnancy some people just have a tough time I think.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one not showing or haven't it makes me really paranoid. it's amazing how much we love our babies already !

the doctor makes me feel crap though like I'm exaggerating or shouldn't be off as they keep signing me off for two weeks at a time. I had a ton of early scans, at first they couldnt see my pregnancy so had constant scans. then problems with the dad and then my grandma passed away. amongst feeling absolutely abismal.

how have you ladies found it ? how did you keep yourselves sane? xx

I think people jobs are the most difficult because you have act 'normal' and this is so draining. Have they done a pregnancy risk assessment? You can bring these things up then and mention how you feel - that it is impacting on your health. Request one from HR / your manager if it hasn't been organised.

I'm only 10 weeks so still trying to keep myself sane and have a scan in 2 weeks time. I'm just trusting that my fatigue and nausea are good things and trying not to worry every time I feel ok.

yeah I have a risk assessment but my managers are the least helpful people in the world which is why I'm signed off sick as they don't really care their response is it's a five minute sheet of paper work .....so it can't e a proper risk assessment then !

I bet your excited for the scan pambi :) I really was for mine x

I'm pregnant with twins and I didn't have that much of a bump at 14 weeks, looked more bloated and chubby at that point!

My friend only started showing at 28 weeks. Everybody is different. Don't worry. Xxx

Hi honeybear, you sound exactly as I was. I still felt extremely nauseous up until about 2-3 weeks ago and the headaches are really pants - especially if you're used to being able to take stronger medication to get rid of them as I am. I'd went from one extreme to another - feeling really unwell with early pregnancy symptoms to not having any at all except some fatigue. And because I wasn't showing it was a really weird "I don't really feel or look pregnant" feeling. But at 18 + 6 I am finally starting to show a little bump and it is definitely growing by each day.

With regards to your work - check out your maternity policy, it's usually pretty clear what the rights are for the expectant mum and what the responsibilities are for your employer. It sounds like I work in a similar environment to you and it is draining trying to be positive all the time when you feel like crap inside but from now on until you have your baby, yours and the baby's well being are the most important thing and your employers should be supporting you. Also, as you know there are some people in the health profession with less than fortunate manners so just ignore your GP if they're implying you're over-exaggerating when you're genuinely concerned ;)

Hope the sickness passes soon and you see your bump changing :)

What does "and the headaches are really pants " mean? I've seen some on here write that something is pants, and I was wondering what that expression means. :)

Pants mean bad. Or rubbish like "the headaches are rubbush"

Hehe Papermoon you make me chuckle! Yep as Eryinera said - it's Brit slang for when something is bad (we call our underwear pants too.. or knickers for ladies, boxers for men..) Pants are trousers in the States right?! x

Hehe Papermoon you make me chuckle! Yep as Eryinera said - it's Brit slang for when something is bad (we call our underwear pants too.. or knickers for ladies, boxers for men..) Pants are trousers in the States right?! x

LOL Kate. Yup pants are trousers for us and that's the only thing pants means. :lol: It's so funny! :lol:

Lol headaches are just so trousers! Lol it may catch on.....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back