Had to go to hospital and got a scan, am I tri 1 or 2?

angelmma

Reaction score
Hey all,

Id be having bad cramps in my stomach and kidneys for 2 days and got an emergency appointment with my GP yesterday and they sent me to hospital. Apparently I have kidney stones in this pregnancy too :( however they done a scan to check the baby (Ive been waiting on my dating scan as I wasnt sure if I was 12 or 14 weeks) well turns out Im 13 weeks today. The baby was kicking away and was healthy and happy, and is 12cm, which apparently is a good size. So am I tri 1 or 2? and also going by the babys measurements being 13 weeks, does that mean we concieved him 13 weeks ago, or Im 13 weeks pregnant? Sorry for all the questions, its just been so long since I knew this stuff haha xxxx

Congrats..... hope the rest of the pregnancy goes a bit smoother for you...

13 weeks is when this site says that you have moved to Tri 2. :) My understanding on the timing is that 13 weeks would of been when you had your last period. If you got it earlier then that then you concieved very close to your ovulation date most likely... I originally thought I was 3-5 days behind what my 12 week scan came back with so I put this down to ovulating early and then concieving on or the day after I ovulated.....

Hope I have not confused you more... Welcome to Tri 2 :)

Hey thanks for the reply, I had a period on the 16th march then a day period on the 7th of april thats why wasnt too sure, but when they measured baba they said it was 13 weeks and due on the 6th January. Just cant wait for January now haha xxx

I've just over kidney stones too, so painful, can really sympathize! I read drink lots of fresh lemon juice in water or make real lemonade as this helps dissolve them. Welcome to tri 2 as well x

I had them when I was pregnant with my daughter 9 years ago. Was only 18 so they didnt really listen to me when I said I was in pain and kept saying I had branson Hicks, until I actually passed a stone. It actually made me go into early labour, started dialiating at 32 weeks and gave birth at 36 weeks. Thankfully because they knew she was gonna be early they gave me steroid injections. Must try the fresh lemon juice xxx

That's terrible, must have really scared you this time. I thought I was going into early labour as it was so painful! Didn't know they were so common in pregnancy until I read up on them. I just keep drinking lots now and stopped eating so many nuts as I read there was a link there too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back