Is it too much to ask for 2 good days on the trot????

Amanda

Reaction score
I only want to feel okay for two days running. :( I'm so sick of feeling on top of the world one day, then like I'm having to carry the world the next.

My weekend story will explain.....

Friday night we went out for the first time in weeks, and I managed to stay out until 10.45!! :clap: It was completely unplanned until the last minute and I think that's why I had such a good time. Some friends rang and asked if we wanted to meet them for a drink. She is 35 weeks pg so I was looking forward to having someone who also wasn't drinking. It was Paddy's night, so I pushed the boat out and drank 2 halfs of Guinness! :shock: They took me 2 hours because I sipped them, but I really enjoyed them. It was also lovely to see our friends as we haven't seen them so far this year.

Saturday, I had a consultation booked at MAC in Debenhams in Leicester. So I picked my daughter up from the in-laws where she had stayed, and we went into town. I had the most relaxing hour ever. She did a full facial massage and then did my make-up. She was lovely and I looked amazing afterwards!! Spent £120. :shock: Then we went shopping for holiday clothes. I was about to give up for me when I stumbled across H & M. £98 later, I'm a very happy bunny. :D Ooodles of light summer clothes for Ibiza in 6 weeks, and a maternity bra that looks nice and isn't black or white! :lol: So we were then going to go to Dorothy Perkins, but when walking down the stairs, my ankles started aching. So we decided to go home. This is where the weekend started to go downhill....

We got home at 3pm, and I took my boots off. My ankle bones were non-existent! :shock: DH came home about 20 mins later, took one look at my feet and confined me to the sofa with my feet up. So I spent the rest of the day resting, but getting backache because of sitting in an uncomfortable position with my feet up. I gave up at 9.15pm and went to bed.

So Sunday morning arrives...... I wake up and the first thing I check is my ankles, they were still big! When I touch them they feel numb as if I had been sitting on them. So another day confined to the sofa. :( I finally started to see my ankle bones again at about 4pm yesterday. Then a horrid nights sleep because my back was off because of sitting down all day. And awful vivid dreams that someone kept stealing my car!!

Today I'm at work, trying to sit as much as I can, but that's not really possible. I work in the IT department and we print all of the companies paperwork (invoices, statements, letters, etc) and it's my job to do this. So I'm constantly up and down to the printers adding more paper and emptying the finisher trays. It's now almost 2pm and it's the first real time I've had to sit down, and I finish at 3.30pm! My ankles are painful and I just daren't take my boots off to look at them.

All I'm asking for is 2 days of feeling good. I had such a great night Friday night, and a fab day Saturday, which was all ruined by my stupid ankles that seem to think I'm 30 weeks pg! Oh well, midwifes tomorrow for the first time in 11 weeks :shock: so I'll see if she has any advise for me.

Sorry to waffle girls, I just needed a moan and knew you'd listen!! :lol:

Hey Tankett!

Sorry to hear about your ankles, it's sound painful!
I wonder if them tights would help that you can get to fly in?? Just an idea, don't know what else to suggest.

Glad to hear you had a good night out, I went out for the first time on sat, it was great to feel normal again!

Sounds like you had a good time shopping aswell! (well, before 3!)
I've not been to H&M yet, I must take a trip to the Trafford Centre! :lol:
Is there a big choice of maternity wear??

Hope you're feeling better soon

xxx

Tankett ...

Hun i sympathise BIG time .. i've been in town since 10 and just got back (Still have coat on!) ... im shattered and my feet are KILLING me!!!

Booked myself in for a hair appointment on thursday, but been looking for things to wear for my b'day meal on friday and the maternity wear SUCKS!!!

Now really thinking about gregs tent idea and dreaming of sleep!! sooooo knackard ! LO kept me awake dancing last night!!

I know what u mean about good days TRUST me!! one day it might just happen!!

Hope your ok hun ...

Love imi
xxx

Oh Tankett I can understand your frustration... you were having such a great weekend!! Maybe all that fun and activity was just a bit too much.. especially when you are on your feet most of the week too at work!

When you had swollen ankles a little while back did they sort themselves out with rest and fluid.. I wonder if it is a High BP problem.. make sure your m/w does any tests to figure out why you are experiencing this so early on. Bummer!!

Can you talk to your boss to try and get your work load a bit more desk bound?

I hope you feel better and that m/w can shed some light on it all :think:

My job has been changed so it is already more deskbound. Normally, I'd be on my feet all day, but now I get to sit most of the day, but I'm up and down about once every 10 minutes to go and sort the blasted printers out!!!!!!

There are 2 of us who do this job and under normal circumstances, he would take it all on and let me rest. But, his wife had a baby last night (very inconsiderate of her!!!), so he's now on 2 weeks paternity and I'll be doing this every day. :( The good news is that I get to do a 7-3.30 shift though, so I'm off home soon!! :lol:

I'm definitely going to have to speak to the mw about this tomorrow as they've not gone completely back to normal since I last got this. I still can't get my wedding ring off!! :shock:

Imi - try Next for nice maternity clothes for your birthday meal. Next day delivery too!!

Sam - good idea, I hadn't thought of those tights! H & M is great for maternity. Nothing fancy, just lots of different ideas and nothing is too expensive. I got 2 skirts, 1 pair 3/4 cotton trousers, 1 pair long linen white trousers, 1 vest top, 2 more dressy tops, 1 flowery top and 1 bra. All for less than £100 !!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back