Travelling with baby

Flame

Reaction score
We are going to my OH's folks tomorrow and they live a couple of hours away and i am feeling pretty anxious about it. Does anyone have any advice as the longest he has been in a car for is probably about 20 mins.

Sam travelled 7 hours to France & back when he was 8 weeks old.

Baby will sleep, as my HV said, it's the best age for them to travel!

You will be fine!

Just make sure baby is comfortable, not too hot etc & all will be well :hug:

yeh it is probably the best time to travel, feed him and change him before you leave and he will just snooze the whole way

yeah we went to great yarmouth when willow was 3 months and i was dreading it as i thghht she would cry the whole time but we left just after feeding her and she was fine she slept the whole time.

Thanks girls thats made me a bit less anxious. Lets just hope he isnt to awake in the night tonight.

We drove to Scotland when Ruby was 3 months old-it was a 7 hour journey..I was dreading it but she was ace :cheer:

I made sure she was cool and comfy, and I sat in the back with her. I chatted to her and keep her amused alot of the time, it ws a novelty for her to have mummy next to her in the car...and we made few stops for feeding/changing etc. She was so good both there and back, she did sleep a lot.

Have a great trip xx

Riley slept all the way from Kent to Swindon which was about 2 hrs when she was a month old so i wouldnt worry about it
and we going to France soon but Rileys a good baby she doesnt cry much only for food thats bout it

if ur BFing make sure u got an expressed bottle or can make frequent stops. took millie on a 20 minute journey awhile ago she started feeling hungry str8 away and screamed it was heartbreaking!

good post. im going to stanstead in august. which is about 5hrs. and i was a little worried.

SarahH said:
feed him and change him before you leave and he will just snooze the whole way

That's what I've done with Isaac since he was born and he's always been fine, he loves the car, and like trixipaws says, be aware of feeding and having a breast/bottle-stop available, have fun too!! Very best wishes :) :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back