Traveller cheque confusion

Gemma & Jake

Reaction score
We are off to France on Monday morning :dance: but I am a bit confused. We had £1000 to change so we changed £200 to euros and £800 to euro travellers cheques. When I got home I worked out that we were charged about £60 to change it :shock: and then thought that when we change the travellers cheques in France will we be charged that much again. If I had thought about it at the time I would have got more euros and less cheques :wall: Well anyway does anyone know what the exchange rate is like in France to change the cheques in to euros? Also I read that you can actually pay with travellers cheques at some places? Is this correct and if you do it this way do you have to pay a fee? Sorry to go on but our holiday money seems to be decreasing rather quickly :(

yea think u can pay by cheque in some places but im going by Canada tho not France as my grand parents was in charge of my money when went France as i was too young lol

as for Canada was back in 2002 yr after 9/11. cant remember much so im no use what so ever :wall:

I dont know about France but here in Corfu most exchange places charge 2% commission.

some places will accept travellors cheques but if they're in sterling you'll probably still have to pay commission on then.

In UK there's lots of places that you can pay in travellors cheques

Marks & Spencers dont charge commission on changing money etc, it is worth shopping around before you change your money etc. if you have a Nationwide flex account they dont charge you to withdraw money abroad.

I hope you have a good holiday

The post office dont charge you either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back