travel with 15m old

El1en

Reaction score
Hi girls

Quick question... we're off to Devon for a few days next month (also posted in the lounge if anyone is from devon) and travel time is 6h. I know when baby was tiny the rule was to stop every two hours is it the same at 15months? I'd love to do it with one stop rather than two but I don't know if three hours is too long

We regularly travel to Scotland which is an 8-9 hour journey for us. We usually split the drive over 2 days. We often drive at night and dont stop at all if the kids are sleeping (up to 5 hours). I wouldn't have our little one in the car seat for so long regularly but it won't harm for a one off xx

We went to peppa world recently and it was 5 hours, we went just after tea time, she watched the iPad for a couple of hours then we had a stop then I snuggled her with a blanket when we got in the car and went the rest of the way. I think at that age 4-5 hours is fine as a one off X

We travelled to the south of France last year when my little boy was about that age. Did eurotunnel stopped over near Paris both ways so we broke the journey up into 2 7/8 hour trips. We stopped once or twice during each stint mainly for food and to stretch our legs and swap drivers. He managed a couple of 3/4 hour periods ok but I don't think I would leave it any longer than that as he needed the breaks to have a run about and be distracted before back in the car for more iplayer on the ipad etc.

Great thanks ladies, I think I'll probably do 3h and then have a good long lunch stop, maybe even find a zoo or activity depending how far we get in 3h and then do the next 3. Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back