travel very early days? allowed

doreend

Reaction score
New to this message board, am thinking of starting to try for baby from end of June - invited to wedding - early July - if one had conceived just a week before needing to travel - would it be ok - or is no travelling in the first three months a no no from the very first week or not? any one have some solid knowledge, thanks in advance!

I traveled back home from Edinburgh to Florida when I was 12 weeks pregnant. That flight was exhausting enough when I wasn't pregnant! My only advice would be to get an aisle seat for easy access for the bathroom trips and stretching.

Thanks for the reply - I was sort of thinking it might be ok, but things are mentioned about no flights first trimester!

I am also travelling soon, going on our honeymoon on the 28th to Tobago but no one has said anything about not flying, we think Im about 6 weeks. Anyone got any advice???

For my work I had to travel quite a lot and I never had any problems flying etc.

Most airlines don't like to take pregnant women after the 28th week without a docs letter but other than that I'm not aware of any restrictions or issues.

If you are worried, check with your midwife or doc and it might be an idea to let the airline know you're pregnant then they can help you with your baggage etc if you need.

The only problem that I know of is that you might find that you have to pay a bit extra on the insurance side, and airlines might not let you fly without insurance. As Becky said though, you may need a letter from your doc, but that usually isn't a problem unless you have a history of m/c. Hope you have a lovely time!!
Love and Light
ukwahine

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back