Travel Systems - advice

purple_pianos

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm only 17 weeks but we've been looking at travel systems etc ready to buy after 20 week scan... We found the following ones we like and wondered if anyone has them/has any experience or advice on them...

1. Silver Cross Linear Freeway - currently in babies r us sale - not sure when sale ends. Worried it might be a bit long and a bit heavy...

2. Babies r us Jig - has had some bad reviews about collapsing mid use etc

3. Mamas and Papas zoom - in m&p sale. BUT sale ends Sunday which is obviously before I wanted to buy - would you buy anyway to get great deal or wait until 20 week scan is all good? We are staying team yellow so that won't affect it, and I'm not usually superstitious but... dunno, is it a bit early?!

Any opinions?

Rach

BUT sale ends Sunday which is obviously before I wanted to buy - would you buy anyway to get great deal or wait until 20 week scan is all good? We are staying team yellow so that won't affect it, and I'm not usually superstitious but... dunno, is it a bit early?!

Any opinions?

Rach

My rule is buy things when you can afford them. :) I don't think 17 weeks is too early :)

Hi all,

I'm only 17 weeks but we've been looking at travel systems etc ready to buy after 20 week scan... We found the following ones we like and wondered if anyone has them/has any experience or advice on them...

1. Silver Cross Linear Freeway - currently in babies r us sale - not sure when sale ends. Worried it might be a bit long and a bit heavy...

2. Babies r us Jig - has had some bad reviews about collapsing mid use etc

3. Mamas and Papas zoom - in m&p sale. BUT sale ends Sunday which is obviously before I wanted to buy - would you buy anyway to get great deal or wait until 20 week scan is all good? We are staying team yellow so that won't affect it, and I'm not usually superstitious but... dunno, is it a bit early?!

Any opinions?

Rach

Hey I have the silver cross linear freeway! I love it! I so easy to use and collapse down ect! I don't find it heavy at all. Please feel free to message and ask any questions you have

17 weeks isn't too early at all IMO. With my first I had everything by 19 weeks! Also I have the zoom I think it's very nice to push seat is good too but the back wheels are quite big I used to bang into things with them & also if you use public transport e.g bus the wheels are a right pain if there's that & another but that's just my opinion. Have you pushed them all in the shops? I did this mistake with my first had a pliko pramette but hadn't tried it in the shop before buying it & I hate it with a passion. Xx

I've got a pram, cot (Fromm when I was young) got a carseat, toys, slippers etc, changing bag.
It's not too early I don't believe in jinxing what will be will be ! Xx

Thanks for the replies - really useful.

You have reassured me slightly on the 17 weeks/too early front.. M&P do a 365 day returns anyway so we could return in worse case scenario.

I've pushed both the babies r us ones, did love the feel of the silver cross and the jig (but bad reviews on jig have put me off tbh). Going to mamas and papas tomorrow to have a look at their ones.. I never knew before I got pregnant what a big decision it would be and how many options there would be, but very exciting!!

Thanks again

xx

Thanks for the replies - really useful.

You have reassured me slightly on the 17 weeks/too early front.. M&P do a 365 day returns anyway so we could return in worse case scenario.

I've pushed both the babies r us ones, did love the feel of the silver cross and the jig (but bad reviews on jig have put me off tbh). Going to mamas and papas tomorrow to have a look at their ones.. I never knew before I got pregnant what a big decision it would be and how many options there would be, but very exciting!!

Thanks again

xx

Just to note that the 365 policy doesn't apply to sale items :(

I think for mamas and papas as long as you put a deposit down you secure the price, I think its 25%. We went in on Saturday and I liked the zoom, it was nice to push and seems to get good reviews. We went for the sola in the end and ordered as the sale is pretty good I thought.

I'm 18 weeks and was hesitant but I figure buying things can't possibly affect any outcomes.

L x

I think for mamas and papas as long as you put a deposit down you secure the price, I think its 25%. We went in on Saturday and I liked the zoom, it was nice to push and seems to get good reviews. We went for the sola in the end and ordered as the sale is pretty good I thought.

I'm 18 weeks and was hesitant but I figure buying things can't possibly affect any outcomes.

L x

Ahh so you just paid 25% and then you pay the rest and get it later at the same price?

Yup, that's what we were told in store, not sure how long it can be spaced out tho... We ended up just paying it all (well Grandad to be did) so didn't use it but it was offered to us.

I have the zoom and love it, so light easy to maneuver would recommend it.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Hello

Thanks for all your advice, we put a deposit down on zoom as I loved that one!

Rachx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back