Travel sterilisers!!

katietateypot

Reaction score
We're going on our first family weekend away to Carlisle next weekend and i have been thinking for a while about how we will sterilise Ava-Mai's bottles.

I have been looking online and seen a few but not sure which ones are good.
I'm staying in a hotel so wont have a microwave so if possible will need one that plugs in.
jay thinks we should just take the one we use here and stuff if with socks and tops in the case :wall2: :lol:

Any advice would be so much appreciated!!

Oh would love to know what you choose. I go away to london alot and am going to start taking paige soon but I only have a massive tommee tippee one! I didnt know they did travel sterilisers...but I suppose it makes sense :blush:

i have a big tommee tippee one to. mothercare do a 2 bottle one and tommee tippee do a single bottle steriliser aswell!! There are more!

CHOICES CHOICES!! :)

Tomee Tipee Closer to Nature Single Bottle Steriliser - Is what ive bought. i dont know if its any good, but looks smart and is portable LOL

When i went away with my 1st 2 I always took milton sterilizing fluid. It's sooooo easy, you just mix it with cold water, pop your stuff inand 15 mins later it's done. I always have some in the house x

When i went away with my 1st 2 I always took milton sterilizing fluid. It's sooooo easy, you just mix it with cold water, pop your stuff inand 15 mins later it's done. I always have some in the house x

I always used Milton wen travelling aswell. Xx

I always used Milton wen travelling aswell. Xx

was gonna say my friend whos LO is now 6 months old, she comes down a lot and just uses a tupperware box and some of the milton stuff, works a treat and you can then pack bottles into the tupperware box! x

Tomee Tipee Closer to Nature Single Bottle Steriliser - Is what ive bought. i dont know if its any good, but looks smart and is portable LOL

i was going to get that yesterday but when i looked on the box it says it takes 30minutes to sterilise and then has to be left for 30 minutes. if it was 2 bottles i might of got it but for 1 i'd have to spend at leaset 4 hours sterilising her bottles so we don't end up with a mountain of dirty ones :wall2:

Didnt know that :p But my plan is to BF anyway, she will only be bottle fed if my mum has her for the night or something, so dont need to constantly have bottles ready.

yeah a cold water steriliser. have you asked the hotel if they have one? they just might ...

Tomee tipee one was delivered today, 3 mins in the microwave, or cold water sterilising, takes 30 minutes, instructions dont say anything about having to leave it another 30 minutes.

the tommee tippee one i looked at said cold water sterilsing 30 mins "soak" then 30 minutes left. Maybe different??

I ended up using cold water sterilising bags, they can take 3 bottles at a time then take 30minutes and just rinse with slightly cooled boiled water. Tablet already in bags, best thing we could get really and not much hassle :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back