Ready made baby milk

kayzee

Reaction score
Hiya ladies :wave:

We are off down south on friday for a weekend away, and we are staying in this really lovely country pub bed and brekkie.

What i need to know is have any of you used the ready made baby milk you can buy in cartons from tescos? We use cow and gate premium 1 powder at the mo and wondered if there would be any difference using the cartoned milk?

We will be travelling for roughly 3 and half hours with a stop on the way so was thinking it would be better to use the ready milk as it doesnt have to be stored in the fridge unless it is opened. I was going to sterilise a couple of bottles and quickly fill them from carton and put lid on strt away so they stay sterile for our journey. And will probably do the same when we are down there as we will have access to a microwave but not a fridge. What do you ladies think?

Any info will be gratefully received

xxxx

hiya hun,
i've used the cow and gate cartons before and keeley doesnt notice the difference :lol:

the only thing i would say is the cartons don't make up three full bottles..... keeley has 8oz's in her bottles and one carton will make up 2 8oz bottles and 1 6oz one..... but i'm really fussy and won't mix the cartons up :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

so i end up wasting loads of the cartons :wall: :wall: :wall:

hope it helps x

Thanks hun :hug:

Tia has 8oz bottles too but only takes 6 or 7 most of the time, so maybe we will get away with 3 out of each carton.

Im just trying to work out how many to buy in tescos today. :?

we are leaving early friday morning and coming back sometime on sunday and she has 5 bottles a day, sorry if i seem thick but my brain doesnt want to work today :rotfl: :rotfl:

i know tesco's are 98p a big carton i think :think:

do you have a costco near you? they do parks off 10 i think for £8.95 or they did when i brought mine :)

madi hates carton milk :( it makes her heave :?

kay before you buy loads would it be worth trying tia with some

She has had it before but was as an emergency when she was having a growth spurt and needed an extra bottle, she was tiny then and didnt notice the difference. I will get one of those 1 feed mini cartons today and try her with it later i think to be on the safe side

Thanks ladies :hug: xxxx

luke has had carton milk a couple of times and hasn't noticed the difference from the powder. :dance: very handy things for when you on the go.

i didn't notice a difference when i came to her drinking it, but it made her VERY consitpated, and her poo was dark green! it gave her a really upset tummy.

I recon i would use it for one or two feeds, but i would avoid using it for alice for a whole day.

try her with them. she may turn her nose up :)

Hiya,

Nicola had had no problems using the carton milk. I always have plenty in stock as they are dead handy if she throws in an a late night feed as she does occasionaly. I use them when I go out and I don't have cold milk to take. So I take pre sterilised bottle and when just put the milk in when she is hungry.

I would only put the milk in when she wants a feed though if you haven't got a fridge to keep them cold.

Be careful that there are no cuts in the carton cos I bought some and the tops had a cut down them and milk was leaking out. Luckily they dind't go in her bottle. I hope I haven't worried you cos I still use them all time - just squeeze them and shake them well before you open them.

Sarah x

hi, i dont use a fridge for my bottles at all, i sterilise and fill with boiled water then add the milk when i need it. i have some avent milk powder containers so you can measure out 3 bottles worth of milk so all you have to do is pour the powder in, shake and heat it up, although jack will take it straight away if i cant heat it. sounds like your goin for the cartons but just wanted to tell any other mums another way to do it..

Hi Kelly,

I never thought to do it that way - I've seen those containers though but when they come out of the sterilzer they will be damp and I thought it wouldn't be a good idea to put the powder in like this or do you just dry them off with kitchen towel first.

How long does pre boiled water stay sterile for?

Sarah

i dont actually sterilize the containers as the powder isnt actually sterile so i didnt see the need to. i did for a few weeks when jack was little and would either let them air dry or use kitchen towel, they do need to be bone dry otherwise the powder will turn to milk and will obviously 'go off' in the container. now i just use very hot soppy water to wash them and then rinse them in water and leave to dry.
i keep the water in the bottles for 24 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back