Travel sick

MummyBee

Reaction score
Since she was born shes hated the car... screamed constantly. Lately shes started vomiting every journey that lasts any longer than15-20 mins.

Shes now 1. i was wondering if anyone knows if i can get something for it or is she too young? Anyone any experience? Thanks

is she rear facing?

I get so ill if I'm on a bus or train and rear facing. no experience with babies though I'm afraid

Not any more... but both ways she was sick xx. Disaster lol

Both my girls are prone to car sickness. Ive found it happens soon after they've had anything too liquidy like porridge. Its gross as it gets into all the crevices of the car seat and the car stinks for days. Theres not much you can take in terms of medication at that age to help. Ive developed a 'sick kit' which contains disposable gloves, hand gel, dettol spray, a sick bowl and nappy bags to collect the sick. Now that is only useful if there is more than one adult in the car. I also made them both sick bibs which have a big pocket so if they're sick, the bib and pocket catch it. This makes the cleaning up aftermath so much easier.
Also if I know there is a longish journey involved where possible the meal before hand will be very dry e.g. toast. Also if i can time the journey when i know they'll be tired enough to sleep that also helps.
However I don't drive much so I imagine for me it's a bit easier than for someone who uses the car much more frequently.

I had horrible motion sickness in my first trimester but managed to cope with anti sickness bands and putting lemon scented freshners in my car. maybe you can get anti sickness bands for toddlers?

Thanks babybee for those tips! Hmm not to sure about sickness bands. She may pull them off. I used then for when i was really sick 2nd pregnancy. Must look.
Those bibs sound a good idea! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back