Trapped bottom wind

Rachel1509

Reaction score
After speaking to breastfeeding support the other day about a few issues I had with Noah (greeny poos, wanting to feed very often etc) she said it's probably due to him getting a bit too much foremilk and not enough hindemilk. She also said that this can cause a lot of gas which can get trapped. Noah seems to get quite distressed nowadays. He goes red in the face and fidgets a lot. It can take him a lot longer to settle and keeps trumping often!

Just wondering if anyone can recommend things to do which can help with trapped wind? I regularly do the circular leg movements which relieves some of it, but not all. I also give him Infacol before most feeds. Any other ideas?

Last edited:
I had the same problem with my lo combined with possible silent reflux and used colief. It's expensive abd a pain if bfing but was worth it. Relieved her discomfort and stopped the trapped wind. Think it was caused by her struggling to break down the milk. Otherwise I found gripe water a lot better for bottom wind. Infacol only really helped with burping. Plus massage on tummy. Over the shoulder with tummy right on your shoulder blade and pats on bum rather than back also helps. Lots of winding throughout feed so lots of burping also seems to stop the wind becoming bottom wind. Hope some of this helps. It does get better as their digestive systems develop. Both my girls have been very windy babies!

My lo gets a lot of bottom wind, I find massage stomach in clock wise direction and also cycling his legs like he's on a bike helps with getting things moving :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back