Transmission (cars)

Tangerinedream

Reaction score
My and my OH have decided to sell both our cars and are going to buy one together as we both use our cars so little these days. He has seen one which is automatic and I've said Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! the idea of driving and automatic terrifies the life out of me. I like having the control of the clutch. Im worried I'll get it all wrong and get put off and crash, then if we do get an automatic I'll forget how to drive a manual. Im letting him buy the car of his dreams- the car soooooo isnt me or my style so I dont think Im being unreasoable putting my foot down on this little issue- am I?

Does anybody know how easy it is to drive automatic, and switch from one to the other?

auto is easy peasy- no clutch or real changing of gears..... but manual is much more fun! x

It's dead easy to swap. My car is manual, dad's is automatic and I swap between the two every day. I was really scared when I first drove Dad's, but I quite like it now :oops:

I do 'pretend' to change gears though, so it doesn't look like I'm driving an automatic :wink: I'd have never ever ever driven an automatic given the choice, but it's really not that bad.

Mine is a manual but I borrow my mums 4X4 which is automatic & it is really easy to drive - just like driving a go kart.

You will get used to it really quickly so don't worry but if you go back to driving a manual you do sometimes forget it is manual & stall it :oops:

What car are you thinkin of gettin BTW???

Just being nosey :rotfl:

A Toyota Supra

Supra_2002_1.jpg

I was like you when I went to buy my Micra many moons ago... but I test drove both the manual and automatic cars and well... I've been drving and automatic for about 6 years now... and no I haven't forgotten how to drive a manual either, as I drive my dads car from time to time...

Reverse sensors on the other hand, well once you get used to them, it's impossible to get out the habit in other cars that don't have them... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back