Transitioning from breast to formula

Kitana

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

My 25 week old doesn't like drinking from a bottle, she's been exclusively breastfeed until now.

I don't think it's the formula because I've tried 3 different ones and she does drink a certain one when I give it in a cup. But as soon as I put it in a bottle, she starts to play with it. I've pumped today just so she could have my breast milk but still, she starts pushing it around in her mouth with her tongue. I think she doesn't know how to use a bottle. I don't want to be feeding my child with a cup everywhere I go, it's so messy too! Any tips?x

My little one would never take a bottle either, she didn’t seem to know what to do with it, would just mess around chewing the teat lol, have you tried different teat sizes? I think mine got on better with a fast flow teat, in the end though I had to just give her a sippy cup with a fold down spout whenever I wanted her to have expressed milk she got the hang of the sippy cup more then a bottle x

My little one would never take a bottle either, she didn’t seem to know what to do with it, would just mess around chewing the teat lol, have you tried different teat sizes? I think mine got on better with a fast flow teat, in the end though I had to just give her a sippy cup with a fold down spout whenever I wanted her to have expressed milk she got the hang of the sippy cup more then a bottle x
I might try a sippy cup then! Thanks for the tip!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back