breast to formula (again! sorry lol)

trixipaws

Reaction score
last friday i left melissa with my parents for the nite and they brought her home on saturday afternoon, she'd had formula with them for 24 hours anyway so while she was used to it i tried bottle-feeding her myself that day too (so she was on it for like 48 hours or something)

im planning to switch her from breast to formula imminently- as she was ok at the weekend would she take to just suddenly switching any time (prob when she gets a tooth- dont fancy that on my nip! lol)

or should i graduate it? if i should graduate it which feeds would u say to cut out first and last?

How are your boobs coping with it?

If they are ok and Melissa is ok then maybe just go for it?

what u think i should just switch over? i might do coz im sure shes gonna get a tooth soon and ill wanna stop BF!
my boobs got a little engorged but i just hand-expressed some off

I've just finished BF today and had come off gradually, however I have been combined feeding for a while. I was just doing her middle of the night feed and first feed for the last couple of weeks cause I didn't know whether I'd get engorgement but they seem to be fine at the mo. Just waiting for them to shrink to my post baby boobies!!! boo hoo!! Not sure what happens if you come straight off (sorry no help at all), but good luck with whatever you try x

I just stopped...bit painful but i just took anti inflammatorys and after a few days it just dies off....mia was fine with it too...

I cant give any personal help because im still breastfeeding Thea at 14 months (and 7 teeth lol).
I would try looking at Kellymom.com for advice though. They have articles and advice on every convincable breastfeeding related topic you can think of.
I found this one about weaning if it helps.
http://www.kellymom.com/bf/weaning/weaning_faqs.html

If you are ready to switch then just do it. You can just express a bit when you feel uncomfy. gradually the supply will tail off and the discomfort will stop. I didn't find it too bad when I stopped bfing.

thanx 4 ur replies, ladies.
i asked the HV at baby clinic today and she said drop whichever feeds i want its a personal choice. iv decided to try formula in afternoon and evening, and carry on breast-feeding thru the nite and in the morning (when its more convenient to BF and supply is higher anyway)
she had 100ml of formula this afternoon i havent BF since about 8am.
shall see how it goes!
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back