• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tragic...

emilia

Reaction score
News here in Cape Town today...

"Baby Car Death was tragic mistake" - I professor at Uni of Cape Town, went to work as usual, but this time, he had his 17 month old son in car with him, to leave at the uni creche. Basically, when he arrived at the university, his son was asleep in the back of the car. The father left his son to sleep in the car instead of taking him to the creche. He had intentions of returning a short while later, but he forgot. It was only when his wife went to collec the child from the creche at the end of the day, that they told her that he had never been brought there.
She got in touch with her husband to find out where their son was, but unfortunately, when they arrived at the car, the little boy had died in the heat of the day.

The family is devasted. A freak accident it has been called.
I'm just wondering how any intellegent guy, forgets about his baby in a car for 8 hours? I know this is tragic for the family, but my god .... I can not imagine what his wife is going through - where does one start to forgive?

Emilia xx

Oh my God! that is awful! I am so upset, Why do things like this have to happen? I am upset and angry with he father HOW????? :cry: :cry:

i think its so wrong for people to say the father is a bad father. it can easily be done. iv left the house once with Dior only took 3 steps after locking up to realise Harley was asleep in bed still.

i would not blame my partner and hold it against him. im sure his guilt would be anough but ild be there for him and stand by him

OMG :shock:
How? How on earth do you forget about a baby for 8 hours. Its amazing no one had heard/seen the baby.
I forgot charlie once when id first had her, for literally 2 mins ( i cant believe i have admitted that :oops: )
I doubt id ever forgive DH :cry:

how tragic. i dont think personally that i would ever forgive him.

i know you might think that i am too hard, but, i know i would never ever forgive. i think it would kill me as well.

He was the father of 4 children and very much respected in the community (near me).
I just find it unreal, how he managed to have lunch or a cuppa tea during the day, without remembering about his baby in the car. It was really hot on Friday as well (the day it happened).

I wouldn't leave my dog in the car, nevermind my baby.

Very sad story - I'm really shocked by it.
Emilia xx

hels said:
OMG :shock:
How? How on earth do you forget about a baby for 8 hours. Its amazing no one had heard/seen the baby.
I forgot charlie once when id first had her, for literally 2 mins ( i cant believe i have admitted that :oops: )
I doubt id ever forgive DH :cry:

It's a HUGE campus. Apparently he parked quite a way from the building - no one had seen or heard the baby. :(

I don't know how I would be able to forgive. They have 3 older children to consider too.

Emilia xx

Thats tragic! the baby shouldnt of been left alone in the first place, especially not in such a hot place!!! You dont leave babies alone in a car, asleep or not, and you say he parked a fair way away aswell thats just thoughtless. Its not like he was even close by watching the car!

Poor little child its dreadful, has really upset me reading that... :( :cry:

was it not that he drove straight to work forgetting the baby was in the car while driving and forgot to go the creche?

I think I may be able to get my head round it if driving with the baby in the car wasn't his usual routine.

When Stanley has been asleep I've forgotten he's there for a moment and I'm his brand new mum.

Blame or no blame, it's a real tragedy :cry:

it is just so sad. its like the time on the news i seen that a man reversed of the drive and his toddler walked behind the car and was crushed to death.

its a cruel world some times :cry:

was it not that he drove straight to work forgetting the baby was in the car while driving and forgot to go the creche?

when he arrived at the university, his son was asleep in the back of the car. The father left his son to sleep in the car instead of taking him to the creche. He had intentions of returning a short while later

Nope he didnt forget he had his son in the car, he decided to leave his son in the car because he was asleep with intentions of going back to get him later.
Then he forgot about him.

When me and Alan get out of our car we take out the cd player and anything valuble. If i had a dog i wouldnt leave him in a hot car so it really shocks me that someone can feel a baby is safe to be left in a car, alone, while the parent is a far distance away in another building (they say he parked a fair way away from the uni) and feel that the child could be safe. Its completely his fault..the baby shouldnt of been left there in the first place. Its disgusting, thoughtless and that poor baby must of suffered...it really makes me feel sick and upset :cry: Yes it was an honest mistake that he then later forgot about the poor child. But the fact he made the concious decision to leave the child there in the first place, well thats no mistake....

that's so sad - the guy is totally to blame though for leaving his baby in the car in the first place.
okay, he genuinely forgot later, but no way should he have left his kid there in the first place.

if I were the wife, not only would i not be able to forgive him, you'd have to pry the knife out of my hands that i would be about to stab him with!
(okay, i'm kidding, but oh my god no way would i be able to forgive!)

ahh right sorry, i read it as he had drove to work and was ment to stop of at a creche on the way but because the baby had fell asleep he forgot to go the creshe and therefore forgot about the baby being there.

its heart breaking :cry: it really is...

Freak accident????

Is this anything to do with his position? Joe Public would now be facing at best a neglect charge at worst a murder charge. Disgraceful.

If you left a dog in a car over here the RSPCA would have you in court so fast your feet wouldnt touch the ground and we dont have anywhere near the level of heat CT has.

OMG that is just so so sad. The poor wife/mother. I just said to my DH that if that was him I would never be able to forgive him or trust him again so I think our marriage would be over.

I can't believe you could forget about your child all day :shock: i'm stunned.

All I can say is I hope the poor little love didn't suffer too much & just drifted off to meet his maker :cry:

fliiping heck that's terrible! and he was meant to be a proffessor??

nicki said:
All I can say is I hope the poor little love didn't suffer too much & just drifted off to meet his maker :cry:
i really really hope so to :cry:

stop it now these type of things upset me so much i cant settle at night when i go to bed i just imagine things over and over in my head

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatema53
Back